Next Title from Makers of the Award-winning Buddy Rush Features Futuristic Cross-platform RPG Action, Sign-ups for iOS Closed Beta Test Now Accepted
BUNDANG, South Korea – March 29, 2012 – Sollmo, the gamedevelopment group of app and games publisher Company 100, Inc. and developer of the award-winning RPG Buddy Rush, today revealed Operation CrossCounter, an online Action RPG that will feature real-time, cross-platform gameplay across iOS, Android and web browsers. In Operation CrossCounter, players fight alongside friends in a war to save the universe from evil invading machines known as the Guroken. Those interested in firing the first shots at the Guroken may now sign up for the iOS Closed Beta Test at www.sollmo.com/occ/lang_en/cbt.html.
Recruits will be able to access the Closed Beta starting April 6, 2012 until April 19, 2012. The iOS launch will come soon after on April 26, 2012. Android and web releases will follow at later dates.
Building on the success of Buddy Rush, winner of the 2011 Unity Cross-platform Award, Operation CrossCounter allows for real-time, true cross-platform cooperative gameplay across iOS, Android and web browsers. With friends, or AI-controlled characters, players fight for the future from their mobile devices or computers in a 3D, persistent sci-fi universe, embarking on missions to combat the Guroken menace. Successes and failures in each mission contribute to an overall “War Situation System” which adapts the gameworld and available missions accordingly for all players.
Operation CrossCounter features:
- Real-time Cooperative Play: Partner with up to three users or play alongside AI-controlled characters
- Explore Three Unique Worlds: Embark on hundreds of unique missions, ranging from ambush to defense missions – no two missions are alike, with different goals, maps and enemies
- Contingent Gameplay: Innovative “War Situation System” calculates every player’s mission results and adapts the gameworld accordingly
- Customize Your Fighter: Create an anime-style character with fully customizable appearances, skills and weapons that reflects your battle style
- Dynamic Weapons: Each weapon utilizes special skills and different attacks depending on user touches and taps
View the official teaser trailer at http://youtu.be/_Dk5SxSkVa4
A press kit containing screenshots, logos and other assets may be downloaded at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/Operation_CrossCounter/OCC_DPK.zip
Sollmo is the game development arm of leading iOS games and app publisher Company100, based in South Korea. Developers of inventive mobile apps, Company100’s ultimate goal is to improve the quality of human life by enabling rich, easy and fast mobile internet. Sollmo is committed to continuing Company100’s tradition of innovative design and technical expertise, and was formed in March 2008 to build on their personal passions for gaming. The team’s first game, Buddy Rush, received a Unity Award for its cross-platform iOS, Android and Facebook capabilities.
Sonya Novak, TriplePoint