Now Available for PlayStation Network (U.S.), Europe on Oct. 10
LOS ANGELES – October 9, 2012 – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, announced today that they have launched Warlords®, a remake of the classic title for the Atari 2600, on PlayStation®Network. The game is available today for aspiring warmongers across the U.S. for $9.99, with an EU release coming tomorrow, Oct. 10, for €9.99. Warlords brings all the action of the classic game into the modern age with an all-new look and online multiplayer modes. The game will also make its debut on Xbox LIVE® Arcade next month on Nov. 14 for 800 Microsoft Points.
Warlords is a one-to-four player arcade action game in which players will defend their castles from a maniacal dragon, unleashing a torrent of fireballs and crafty minions against their strongholds. In this whimsical reinvention of the beloved classic, players will face the ultimate battle of speed, strategy and survival. In addition, the game will increasingly challenge players to multitask as they strive to shield the castle walls and simultaneously rally troops to capture control points, collect power-ups and destroy the other warring factions – either alone or alongside three other players.
- Protect the stronghold! Defend your castle walls from the destruction of fast-flying fireballs with your mighty shield. Move the shield around the perimeter of your castle with precision and speed to deflect the fireballs or grab onto and charge fireballs to release even more devastating attacks back at your opponents.
- Multiple local/online game modes sweeten the quest for power and allow for cooperative and competitive battles with up to 4 players. Select the faction of your choice and engage in a number of competitive variations, including co-op siege mode, 2v2 or classic free-for-all battles.
- Rally your troops and pit them against your foes. Your loyal posse brings a layer of depth and replayability to every battle and can be sent off to capture control points, gather power-ups to immobilize your enemies or bolster your defenses. Manage your troops wisely to gain the battlefield advantage!
For more information about Atari games and the latest news:
- Visit our website: www.atari.com
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/atari
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/atari
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/atari
– Download the press kit at http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/atari/Atari%20Warlords_DPK.zip
About Atari, SA
Atari (www.atari.com) is a multi-platform, global interactive entertainment and licensing company. The original innovator of video gaming, founded in 1972, Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, and Rollercoaster Tycoon®. Atari capitalizes on these powerful properties by delivering compelling games online (i.e. browser, Facebook® and digital download), on smartphones and tablets and other connected devices. The Company also develops and distributes interactive entertainment for video game consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. As a licensor, Atari extends its brand and franchises into other media, merchandising and publishing categories.
Atari has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Paris, and Lyon.
John O’Leary, TriplePoint for Atari