MMO crafting adventure game expands its cross platform functionality to a new set of mobile gamers
CHICAGO – March 7, 2013 – Bytebin, an independent MMO game studio, has announced the launch of Deepworld on iPhone and iPod Touch today. Originally released for Mac OSX and iPad, Deepworld has now expanded to all iOS platforms. The iPhone version connects mobile players to a shared online universe already bustling with iPad and Mac users, bringing the same great MMO experience to a new level of portability and accessibility. Deepworld is available for free on the iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deepworld/id574013495?mt=8
Deepworld is a massively multiplayer 2D crafting game set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk wasteland. Players can venture through mountains and ruined cities, delve into mazelike caves and underground bunkers, and scour for resources while fending off harrowing creatures of the deep. With a robust crafting and inventory system, Deepworld allows players to create hundreds of tools, building materials, decorations, and mechanical contraptions. Players can collaborate and trade with each other in thriving user-created cities and settlements—or they can settle in their own private worlds, available as in-app purchases. Deepworld’s persistent online universe allows players to jump into the game at any time, from any compatible device with an Internet connection, and continue playing from where they left off.
“Deepworld is an adventure, but it’s also a growing community of friends, teammates and rivals,” said Bytebin developer Quinn Stephens. “Now that players can connect on virtually any iOS device or Mac desktop, it makes the game more accessible for veterans and newcomers alike. We’re excited to welcome a new and wider audience into the game, and to continue to introduce fresh content to the fans who’ve already found a home here.”
In Deepworld, players can:
- Explore: Delve into the depths of a constantly changing and expanding world and dig for precious resources, using touch controls specially refined for the iPhone.
- Create: Return the world to its former glory using hundreds of items and materials, all via a simple one-touch crafting system.
- Fight: Use crafted weapons to fend off mutant creatures, or construct defenses to protect valuable creations. Battle other players for supremacy in deadly PvP arenas.
- Collaborate: Meet and join fellow adventurers while exploring the wasteland. Form guilds, trade resources and rare items, and band together to take down the most dangerous foes.
- Customize: Alter in-game appearance at will. Gather clothing, hats, masks, and other special customizations from the environment. Earn skill points through achievements, and use them to level up abilities—including mining, crafting, agility, and more.
Download Deepworld for free on the iPhone today at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deepworld/id574013495?mt=8
Download the Press Kit: http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/Bytebin/Deepworld_PressKit.rar
Bytebin is an independent game studio out of Chicago, specializing in building massively multiplayer games, envisioning wild server architectures, and making (and drinking) craft cocktails. The team consists of developers Mike Laurence, Jason Pearl, and artist Quinn Stephens.
Rahat Rashid, TriplePoint for Bytebin