New Competitive Puzzle Game Will Challenge Players to Graduate from Match-3 to the Next Level
NEW YORK CITY – Oct. 23, 2013 – Jam Labs, Inc., an independent game developer formed by MIT graduates, today announced the upcoming launch of their debut title, Shape Jam. Coming to both iOS and Android platforms as a free download on October 31, 2013, Shape Jam is a competitive puzzle game that challenges players with gameplay deeper and more cerebral than the average “match-3” title. With sleek, minimalist graphics, quick 60-second rounds of play, and the ability to play at any time – even taking turns in asynchronous multiplayer while offline – Shape Jam is a game for casual players who are ready to graduate to something more.
Shape Jam is played by matching tiles; however, to make a match, each of the tiles’ three elements must either all differ or be identical across all three tiles. The game’s simple rule presents a tricky, brain-twisting challenge, requiring players to concentrate on multiple factors while still moving quickly to rack up matches. Shape Jam’s features include:
- Match 3^3: Ordinary match-3 gameplay gives way to a greater challenge, where matches require players to pay close attention to multiple factors
- Whose Brain is in Shape? Challenge friends or strangers in competitive head-to-head matches and record your best scores; keep a running score tally for intellectual rivalry
- It’s Your Jam: Elegant minimalist presentation and rapid games keep players in the zone, with nothing to get between brains and challenges. Detailed game statistics reveal just how well one is playing, tracking personal progress and improvement
- Play Anywhere, Anytime – SERIOUSLY: Get caught up on asynchronous matches even without an internet connection; play your turns offline and then sync up when you have access
- Hone your skills and top the table: The premium version of Shape Jam $1.99 includes leaderboards and detailed game statistics as well as a single player practice mode, allowing players to hone their skills and compare their progress with friends.
Shape Jam will be available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play Market as a free download on October 31. A premium version with additional features will also be available for $1.99
To see Shape Jam in action, check out the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHg_xL3AzpQ. A press kit with assets and more information can be found at http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/ShapeJam/ShapeJamPressKit.rar
To learn more:
- WEB: http://www.shapejamgame.com/
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/shapejam
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/shapejam
About Jam Labs, Inc.
Jam Labs is a two-man development and consulting team of MIT graduates turned software engineers. Based in New York City and steeped in startup culture, Jam Labs’ founders worked on cloud-based business technology at Yext before striking out on their own. Jam Labs’ first game, Shape Jam, is coming to the App Store and Google Play Market this fall.
TriplePoint PR, for Jam Labs
415 955 8500