nWay Introduces PvP Arena, Guild Features, and More New Content
SAN FRANCISCO – Dec. 10, 2013 – nWay, an independent San Francisco-based gaming startup, has announced that ChronoBlade has opened the multiverse to synchronous Player Versus Player (PvP) Arena combat. Similar to traditional fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken, players compete head-to-head in real time combat but over the web with characters that have customized abilities and traits, and equipment sets. Ranked PvP matches will yield awards and prizes, with player victories recorded and listed on ranked global leaderboards. Players will also be able to form a guild to show off their team’s top brawler status to the world. Players can now experience PvP Arena combat, and all of the new content added for free at www.chronoblade.com.
ChronoBlade comes from a studio of historied talents, including Stieg Hedlund, former Lead Designer of both Diablo and Diablo II. In this combo-driven, fast paced action RPG, players take on the Chronarch Imperium and their quest to destroy the multiverse. Today’s update adds eight new Chronarch zones, new bosses, maps, equipment and more.
ChronoBlade offers a console-quality experience on Facebook on the web, and will be coming soon to iOS, Android and Smart TVs with synchronous cross-platform co-op and competitive multiplayer gameplay.
- Visceral combat – The game features side-scrolling hack-and-slash mechanics and tasks players with defeating waves of inter-dimensional enemies with a variety of combos and special abilities.
- Deep RPG elements – Full character customization through leveling, skill trees, and epic amounts of loot make for personalized heroes.
- Inter-dimensional conflict – Players assume the role of a dimension-hopping hero, bent on preventing the evil Chronarch Imperium from destroying all the worlds of the multiverse.
- Arena Combat – Players can take their hero from the single-player campaign and see how their skills stack up against other brawlers around the world for in-game awards and prizes.
- Truly cross-platform, real-time multiplayer – Proprietary technology from nWay will allow gamers to play ChronoBlade with friends cooperatively or competitively in real time across all available platforms, including OUYA, iOS, Android, and Smart TVs in the near future.
To play ChronoBlade on the web now, visit www.chronoblade.com.
For more ways to stay updated on ChronoBlade and to get in touch with the team:
- Visit us on our website at: www.chronoblade.com
- Follow ChronoBlade on Twitter at: @nWayGames
- Like ChronoBlade on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ChronoBlade
- Watch ChronoBlade videos on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/nWayGames
nWay is the game studio behind ChronoBlade, a console-quality multiplayer action brawler game for web and mobile platforms. The free-to-play title, currently in beta on Facebook and OUYA and set to launch on Android, iOS, and Smart TVs in 2014, features fast-paced and synchronous cross-platform multiplayer gameplay by leveraging nWay’s proprietary technology for a latency-free experience. Founded in 2011, the company is based in San Francisco and currently employs 34 people with venture funding from Baseline Ventures, TransLink Capital, Cowboy Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Harrison Metal, Bowana, and WI Harper Group.
For more information, visit nWay at www.nway.com.
# # #
TriplePoint for nWay