Space-Sim Spinoff to Starpoint Gemini 2 Lets Players Explore and Expand in the Legendary Gemini System
HAARLEM, The Netherlands – April 14, 2016 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Croatian developer Little Green Men Games today launched Starpoint Gemini Warlords, the next installment of the highly successful Starpoint Gemini series, onto Steam’s Early Access program. The game introduces many sought after new features including the player headquarters, a giant space station for storing the fleet, and building new ships. As development of the game progresses, research can be conducted there on weapons, ships, structures, and new HQ modules. Conquer, fight, salvage, rescue, mine, loot and trade your way to interstellar glory in an immense galaxy, close to ten times bigger than in its predecessor Starpoint Gemini 2.
Created from the feedback and suggestions of the highly active player community, Starpoint Gemini Warlords combines action, space-sim, RPG and strategy elements to deliver the ultimate space experience.
Little Green Men Games’ CEO Mario Mihokovich says, “The time we spent in Early Access with Starpoint Gemini 2 was amazing, but what made it even better was all the great ideas the community gave us during that time. Warlords contains a vast part of that feedback and we’re eager to learn how the community will respond to witnessing their ideas coming to life. We’re looking forward to them joining us again on this new journey.”
Check out the stunning cinematic trailer for Starpoint Gemini Warlords on Iceberg Interactive’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHscEncWLxc. Starpoint Gemini Warlords new trailer, logo, art and screenshots can be found in the complete press kit.
Press Only: Journalists, freelancers, influencers, vloggers and YouTubers interested in acquiring a preview key for Starpoint Gemini Warlords can request one via Mayke Griffioen, PR Manager at Iceberg Interactive (Mayke@iceberg-games.com). Connect with Starpoint Gemini Warlords:
- Official website: www.starpointgemini.com
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is available for purchase at a price point of $24.99 with a 10% discount during the week of launch on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/ The completed game once launched out of Early Access will include the following features:
- Headquarters: Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets, ‘park’ fleets and much more.
- A very large game world which will allow more distinction between ship sizes, and have pockets of empty space to travel through.
- Conquer Territory: Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against strong Gemini foes, you might recognize from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trading or purchasing resources, or conquering regions to provide a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will leveling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Conquest (Free-roam): The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
Features available in this Early Access version include:
- A full game world that is almost 10 times larger than that of Starpoint Gemini 2.
- Start with a prologue of the story-line and continue in Conquest mode.
- Headquarters features about 50% complete.
- 13 of 19 planned freelance mission types are available as well as roughly half the modifiers.
- 50% of planned ships are available (approx. 40).
- 60% of random encounter types are present as well as roughly half the modifiers too.
- 1 of 4 character classes.
- Most of the ship’s equipment and weapons.
There is a massive feature list available on the forums that will be implemented during Early Access.
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a growing team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators, all sharing the same passion for video games. Our mission is to create new worlds and adventures, with players – for players. LGM Games stands behind the successful Starpoint Gemini series, from our debut title in 2011 to the 2014 sequel, along with countless expansions. LGM’s vision of space-flavored RPG simulation games continues to evolve and grow, with many more exciting elements to be revealed in the future. To learn more about Little Green Men Games, visit: http://www.inter-corona.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Into the Stars, Oriental Empires, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline. To learn more about Iceberg Interactive, visit: www.iceberg-games.com.
# # #