Content update also brings new story chapter and Pokémon to the game
TOKYO—June 11, 2020—DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced the new Legendary Arena game mode in Pokémon Masters, where players battle against an extremely powerful Legendary Pokémon using only a limited number of sync pairs. While HP damage to the opponent carries over after each battle, opponents in the Legendary Arena have an exceptionally high HP, requiring players to carefully strategize on how to take down their powerful foe.
The inaugural Legendary Arena features the Legendary Pokémon Entei and is available now until June 24 at 10:59 Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 2 of the Main Story. Future Legendary Arenas will periodically appear in the game.
A new trailer detailing this update can be found on the official Pokémon Masters YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbPsrrHMC1M
DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available in Pokémon Masters:
- Players Can Now Display Medals: Medals earned in the game for various achievements, such as defeating Entei in the Legendary Arena or participating in the Pokémon Masters League, can now be viewed and displayed in players’ profiles. Players can set three of these badges as “favorites,” viewable by their friends and other players.
- Sygna Suit Grimsley & Sharpedo: The Water-type sync pair of Sygna Suit Grimsley & Sharpedo is now available in the sync pair Spotlight Scout until June 24 at 10:59PM Pacific time. This sync pair’s battling style is high-risk and high-reward, with moves such as “Sink or Swim!” which drastically raises the user’s evasiveness and critical hit rate but at the expense of dealing damage to the user. Sharpedo also has the ability to mega-evolve into Mega Sharpedo after using a sync move.
- New Story Chapter Added: A new story chapter has been added to the Main Story and features Grimsley as he struggles with whether or not to leave the island of Pasio.
- New Story Chapter – Login Bonus: Players that log in to the game daily until June 17 at 10:59PM Pacific time will be able to receive Gems.
Press assets are available here.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and iOS devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters at https://pokemonmasters-game.com/en-US.
They can also stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PokemonMasters), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PokemonMastersGame), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/pokemonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/PokemonMastersGame), for news about the game.
# # #
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce, entertainment, healthcare, automotive and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with over 2,000 employees. DeNA’s aim is to delight and impact the world through the use of the internet and AI. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.