Show Your Devotion to the Most Anticipated Game of the Year with the Performance, Protection and Style of GUNNAR Optiks’ Gaming Eyewear
SAN DIEGO – October 27, 2011 – GUNNAR Optiks®, the world’s leading manufacturer of computer and gaming eyewear, today announced that its limited edition Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 gaming eyewear is now available in Best Buy stores and in GUNNAR’s online store. The exclusive new design for the hottest game of the year brings form, function and style to competitive gaming, and may be purchased at an MSRP of $99.
Combining all the features of GUNNAR’s i-AMP® lens technology into a futuristic fighter-inspired design, the fully loaded Modern Warfare 3 eyewear includes custom spring hinges, a magnesium alloy frame and wide coverage lenses, providing an ultra-sharp view into the farthest ranges of your peripheral vision. GUNNAR’s eyewear helps reduce eye fatigue and visual stress while improving contrast, giving wearers a leg up on the competition.
“On November 8 the gaming world will be buzzing over the debut of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3,” said Rob Aarnes, president of GUNNAR Optiks. “When the game hits, players will be spending hours of unflinching time in front of a digital screen. GUNNAR’s eyewear technology provides a visual performance advantage to gamers while letting them show off their love for the Modern Warfare brand. This exclusive eyewear is the ultimate accessory for any Call of Duty fan.”
GUNNAR Optiks’ limited edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 gaming eyewear includes a Modern Warfare 3 carrying case and cleaning cloth. Sold in the US and Canada at Best Buy retail locations, select stores will be offering consumers an opportunity to personally try on and experience the eyewear, with other gaming styles available including the PPK and MLG Phantom. The eyewear is also available in select European retailers and through various online retailers.
To learn more about the limited edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 gaming eyewear from GUNNAR Optiks and to find a Best Buy location with GUNNAR’s gaming collection, please visit: www.gunnars.com/mw3
Key features of GUNNAR Optiks Advance Gaming Eyewear:
- Tint: GUNNAR’s patented Amber tint filters out harsh artificial light, reducing eye irritation while enhancing contrast for a more vivid picture quality when gaming in hi-def.
- Wrap/Shape: The frames feature highly wrapped, curved lens shape limiting air flow and maintaining moisture near the eyes, while providing a slight magnification effect optimized for viewing digital screens and helping the eye muscles to relax.
- Material: GUNNAR’s proprietary lens material is optically pure, insuring the clearest image by eliminating distortion, impurities and haze.
- Coatings: Reduces distractions caused by glare and reflections to help minimize eye fatigue and strain.
- Design: Futuristic fighter-inspired design with custom spring hinges, a magnesium alloy frame and wide coverage lenses, providing an ultra-sharp view into the farthest ranges of your peripheral vision. Adjustable nose pads accommodate a wide range of facial features with venting details inspired by the latest technology in military machinery.
- 20/20 or Rx: Out of the box ready for 20/20 vision or used with corrective contact lenses, and also prescription compatible in partnership with Carl Zeiss Vision with optional coverage by VSP Insurance.
Multiple styles of GUNNAR Optiks’ Advanced Gaming Eyewear are currently available, including the PPK, Paralex, MLG Phantom and Legend, SteelSeries Scope and SteelSeries Desmo with retail prices ranging from $79 to $99 MSRP.
A press kit containing a Fact Sheet, Product FAQs and other assets may be downloaded via this link (5MB).
About GUNNAR Optiks
Founded in 2005, GUNNAR Optiks, LLC designs and engineers Advanced Computer Eyewear and Advanced Gaming Eyewear to protect and enhance vision using revolutionary technology solutions. GUNNAR introduced the Technology Eyewear category in 2008 and pioneered eyewear to combat eye strain associated with long-term viewing of digital screens. At CES 2010, GUNNAR unveiled the first professional-grade, optically correct 3D glasses on the market, utilizing the latest in lens technology. GUNNAR is a privately held company headquartered in Carlsbad, California. For more information, visit www.gunnars.com.
GUNNAR, the GUNNAR logo, and i-AMP are registered trademarks of GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Copyright 2010. GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Activision, Call of Duty and Modern Warfare are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Quinn Wageman, TriplePoint for GUNNAR Optiks