Available Now for $0.99 on the App Store, New Release Offers Fresh and Alternate Experience to Freemium Version
LOS ANGELES – January 24, 2012 – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and developers of interactive entertainment, today announced the App Store release of Breakout®: Boost+, a new version of its popular brick-breaking game Breakout®: Boost for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Available for $0.99, Breakout: Boost+ features one hundred brand-new levels with all the challenging and frenetic brick-breaking action of the original iOS hit that achieved over two million downloads in the first month after launch. Download Breakout: Boost+ to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch now from the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id494136657.
Breakout: Boost+ features:
• One hundred brand-new levels with unique brick layouts to smash through
• Boost Control allows players to manually adjust the ball’s speed, scaling up the speed to increase the score multiplier
• Special ball upgrades to aid your destruction, such as the Fire, Acid, Splitting and Grenade balls
• New and unique brick varieties standing in your way, including Exploding, Mystery, x4 and Metal bricks
• Save and restore in-progress games, so you can stop and start at your convenience
• Game Center and OpenFeint integration for score leaderboards and achievements
Those interested in trying out Breakout: Boost may still download the original title for free, including five levels and additional content available through in-app purchases, using the following link to the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/breakout-boost/id476059948?mt=8.
Head over and “Like” the official Breakout: Boost Facebook page to stay tuned for future content updates: www.facebook.com/breakout.
For more information about Atari games and the latest news:
– Visit our website: www.atari.com
– Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/atari
– Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/atari
– Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/atari
A press kit containing a fact sheet and various game-related assets may be downloaded using the following link: www.triplepointpr.com/dl/atari/Breakout-Boost_DPK.zip (11MB)
For more information please visit: www.atari.com.
About ATARI, SA
Atari (www.atari.com) is a multi-platform, global interactive entertainment and licensing company. The original innovator of video gaming, founded in 1972, Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Deer Hunter®, Ghostbusters®, and Rollercoaster Tycoon®. Atari capitalizes on these powerful properties by delivering compelling games online (i.e. browser, Facebook® and digital download), on smartphones and tablets and other connected devices. The Company also develops and distributes interactive entertainment for video game consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. As a licensor, Atari extends its brand and franchises into other media, merchandising and publishing categories.
Atari has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Lyon and London.
© 2011 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.
Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
John O’Leary, Sr. Account Executive, TriplePoint for Atari
+1 (310) 587-9200