New Puzzle Platformer Brings High-flying Circus Fun to the App Store
LOS ANGELES – May 17, 2012 – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and developers of interactive entertainment, today announced the launch of Circus Atari™ on the App Store. In this new free-to-play puzzle platformer, players perform as a circus clown blasting out of cannons and flying through the air in a vertical climb to record heights. Based on the Atari 2600 classic, Circus Atari makes its mobile debut on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
In the ascent to the top of the arena, players will tilt their mobile device to guide their clown, popping balloons to launch higher while gathering power-ups and coins along the way and avoiding the many hazards and obstacles of the arena. Players can enhance their circus experience with coins, collected or purchased in-game so that players can pick up new clown characters as well as safety nets to help with performers’ high-flying antics. Download the game now from the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id523171614.
- Completely free-to-play with the option to purchase in-game items and customizations
- Avoid pitfalls, ledges and bumpers during exciting and challenging gameplay
- Collect or purchase in-game coins to unlock additional content:
- Unique clowns with special attributes – Convict Clown, Hippie Clown, and more
- Acquire safety nets to help break your fall
- Awesome cartoon-style graphics and animation
- Pop balloons to climb higher on your journey to record heights
- Grab special power-ups to quickly soar through the air
- Game Center and OpenFeint integration for score leaderboards and achievements
The circus is in town, so visit the virtual big tent and download Circus Atari in the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id523171614
For more information about Atari games and the latest news:
- Visit our website: http://www.atari.com/
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/atari
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/atari
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/atari
A press kit containing a fact sheet and various game-related assets may be downloaded using the following link: http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/atari/CircusAtari/Circus%20Atari%20Press%20Kit.zip
About ATARI, SA
Atari (www.atari.com) is a multi-platform, global interactive entertainment and licensing company. The original innovator of video gaming, founded in 1972, Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Ghostbusters®, and Rollercoaster Tycoon®. Atari capitalizes on these powerful properties by delivering compelling games online (i.e. browser, Facebook® and digital download), on smartphones and tablets and other connected devices. The Company also develops and distributes interactive entertainment for video game consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. As a licensor, Atari extends its brand and franchises into other media, merchandising and publishing categories.
Atari has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Lyon and London.
© 2012 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
Dustin Blackwell, TriplePoint for Atari
+1 (415) 955-8500