Canada’s Largest Independently Owned Game Developer Hosts Frimarathon Preview in NYC
NEW YORK- August 22, 2012 – Today Frima Studio visits NYC to kick-off the Frimarathon, a month long flurry of game releases with a little something for everybody. The culmination of more than a year of effort by Frima’s original IP team, the Frimarathon will showcase five titles across multiple platforms set to be released in the next five weeks.
“For more than a year we have been striving to expand and diversify Frima into a full-service studio capable of producing high quality digital entertainment in many formats,” said Steve Couture, CEO of Frima Studio. “These five titles are the culmination of our efforts to build a successful, in-house IP team and I think their stunning designs and crisp gameplay speak for themselves.”
The titles to be showcased are:
- Lights, Camera, Party! – Launching 8/28 for $29.99 on PS3: Fill the shoes of the Funzini family as they play their way through a series of eccentric game show challenges in this family-friendly, PS Move title. Up to 8 players can compete in more than 50 fast-paced mini-games in a variety of party modes with only one PS Move controller.
- Visit http://www.lcpgame.com/ and download the press kit at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/frima/LCP_PressKit.zip
- CosmoCamp – Launching 9/6 for $3.99 on iPad, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire. Cuddly characters Migo and Pandy travel from planet to planet making friends as they play and learn. Working with leading child development experts, Frima has crafted a colorful, interactive adventure series for toddlers (2-3 years) and preschoolers (4-5 years). Children expand their reading comprehension in the interactive storybook CosmoCamp Picnic Problems while drawing their favorite furry friends in the companion game app CosmoCamp Coloring Book.
- Visit http://www.cosmocamp.com/ and download the press kit at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/frima/CosmoCamp_PressKit.zip
- Rock, Paper, Sumo- Launching 9/13 for free in closed beta on Facebook: Customize your sumo wrestler and take to the ring to challenge friends from around the world in the most ancient and noble of sports: rock, paper, scissors! Earn skill points, improve your moves and watch your character progress. Unlock hundreds of achievements, win illustrious titles and earn exclusive accessories on your way to virtual sumo fame.
- Visit http://www.rockpapersumo.com/ and download the press kit at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/frima/RPS_PressKit.zip
- Space Shooter Blitz -Launching 9/20 for free on iOS, Android and Facebook: Take the helm of the USS Eradicator as Commander Jefferson to blow away alien scum in this retro-inspired shoot ‘em up with polished visuals. After gearing up at the shop, take a crazy, one minute blitz through enemy lines to rack up the points and top the weekly leaderboards which sync across platforms.
- Visit http://www.aspaceshooter.com and download the press kit at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/frima/ASS_Blitz_PressKit.zip
- Nun Attack – Launching 9/27 for $0.99 on iOS and Android: Lead a squad of attack nuns to defeat the evils released by your arch nemesis, the Fallen Nun Mortana. Explore multiple worlds, equip your squad with a badass arsenal and fend off waves of ghoulish enemies in this epic tactical action game.
- Visit http://www.nunattack.com/ and download the press kit at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/frima/NunAttack_PressKit.zip
About Frima Studio
Frima is Canada’s largest independently owned game developer. Since 2003, the company has been developing world-class media including virtual worlds, social and web based games, console titles and mobile apps. Their services also include the animation and special effects expertise of Frima FX as well as the concept art development of Volta. In addition to working with world-renowned clients such as Electronic Arts, Activision, Warner Brothers and Ubisoft, Frima develops successful, original IP titles such as A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! and Zombie Tycoon. With over 350 artists and programmers in-house, Frima produces high-caliber products that are as remarkably outstanding artistically as they are technically. For more information, please visit www.frimastudio.com.
Zach Fuller, TriplePoint for Frima Studio