MMO Crafting Adventure Launches on iPad, iPad Mini for Free
CHICAGO – Dec. 13, 2012 –Bytebin Studio, an independent MMO game developer, has today announced the launch of Deepworld for iPad and iPad mini. The crafting adventure game makes a seamless transition from Mac OSX, allowing players to log into their Deepworld account from either desktop or mobile devices. The iPad release provides the same complete MMO gameplay and functionality, with controls re-tooled to optimize the iPad’s multi-touch capabilities. The game is available to download for free on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deepworld/id574013495?mt=8
Deepworld is a 2D massively multiplayer crafting and building experience. The hand-drawn steampunk universe is always online so that players can join friends from their iPad or Mac computer without having to run a server—it’s all built into the game. There is a vast world to roam and mine for materials and items. Once players collect enough resources they can use the simple one-tap crafting system to create new items including construction materials, utilities, decorations, tools, and even weapons and machines to help on the journey. It’s easy to connect with friends to build anything imaginable in Deepworld.
In Deepworld players can:
- Explore: Delve into the depths of a hand-drawn world and dig for precious materials with multi-touch controls developed specifically for the iPad. Walk, jump, and fly with ease using the virtual d-pad.
- Create: Rebuild the world in any way imaginable with a simple one-touch crafting system to make hundreds of different items to improve the desolate steampunk land.
- Fight: Use their own weapons to fend off creatures or build defenses to protect their creations.
- Collaborate: Meet and join new friends on an online universe wherever and whenever they are to build a brand new world together.
- Customize: Design their character’s appearance and complete achievements to earn skill points to boost dexterity, mining ability, and more.
Download Deepworld today on the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deepworld/id574013495?mt=8
Download the press kit here: http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/Bytebin/Deepworld_PressKit.rar
Bytebin is an independent game studio out of Chicago, specializing in building massively multiplayer games, envisioning wild server architectures, and making (and drinking) craft cocktails. The team consists of developers Mike Laurence, Jason Pearl, and artist Quinn Stephens.
Rahat Rashid, TriplePoint for Bytebin