Revolutionary Home Network Delivers Unprecedented Visibility and Control to Connected Families
PALO ALTO, Calif. – August 29, 2013 – PowerCloud Systems, a pioneer in cloud networking, has announced that Skydog™ is shipping on time this week to more than 1,000 Kickstarter backers. Skydog is an easy-to-use wireless home router and companion mobile application that provides unprecedented visibility and control of the home network. With Skydog, parents can manage their children’s online experience, as well as the security and performance of the devices, applications and users connected to their home network. Skydog will be available to the general public via www.Skydog.com in October.
Before Skydog, parental and security controls on home networks were largely limited to blanket settings made on the router or an individual PC. Skydog changes that paradigm by allowing parents to set individual network access controls for each user, covering all of his or her devices. Moreover, Skydog allows users to optimize the performance and security of their home networks. Said Jeff Abramowitz, CEO of PowerCloud Systems, “Our successful Kickstarter campaign enabled a new era in managing the connected home, offering a level of visibility and control that is unavailable through any other platform. Skydog gives parents the means to ensure a productive and healthy Internet experience for their children while also improving the whole family’s digital lifestyle.”
The innovation of Skydog lies in its patented cloud-powered platform. Skydog includes a powerful Wi-Fi router and a cloud-based application that can be accessed from any connected smartphone, tablet or PC. This allows home network administrators, who are often busy parents, to see and control home Internet usage, even when they are away. Skydog revolutionizes home networking in three key areas:
- Monitors the network, including who is online, which devices are being used, usage tracking of specific sites, and how much bandwidth is being used.
- Sends text alerts when specified issues arise, such as an Internet outage, or a new guest seeking to access the network. Skydog also speeds the diagnosing of problems such as poor Wi-Fi signals of devices.
- Notifies the administrator or individual user when time limits on specified websites have been reached, even when those websites are accessed across multiple devices.
Easy and Powerful Home Network Management:
- Actively manages broadband usage by assigning priority bandwidth access to certain users, such as a work-at-home parent, or applications, such as a streamed movie to the family room television.
- Enables time limits for specific website access by user, covering all devices, and set on a flexible calendar that, for example, distinguishes school days from weekends.
- Provides firewalled guest access, granting an extra layer of security to the family network.
- Allows for remote network management, such as a parent’s home or vacation property, using the same mobile application.
Ease of Set-up and Use:
Installs quickly and easily using the Skydog app.
Organizes attached devices by primary user to simplify and unify actions such as setting policies on applications or Internet use.
Easily piggybacks on existing routers or broadband gateways, to provide the additional functionality only available with Skydog.
Works on any connected mobile device using a powerful, yet simple HTML5-based app, allowing for anytime, anywhere visibility and control of users and devices on the home network.
For more information, please follow Skydog on Twitter and Facebook.
About PowerCloud Systems
PowerCloud® Systems is a leader and industry pioneer for cloud-powered wireless networking. The company’s patented and award-winning CloudCommand™ technology was invented at the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) and makes deploying and monitoring Wi-Fi networks and services easy for businesses with mobile customers. The CloudCommand platform is deployed worldwide in hotels, schools, retail chains, managed care facilities and other businesses seeking truly affordable, enterprise-grade Wi-Fi. Investors include PARC, Qualcomm Ventures, Javelin Venture Partners and Walden Venture Capital.
More information can be found at www.powercloudsystems.com.
Andrew Karl, TriplePoint PR for PowerCloud Systems