Goji Play Available for Purchase in Limited Quantities to MyFitnessPal Members
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – October 8, 2013 – Blue Goji today kicked off a limited launch campaign in an exclusive partnership with MyFitnessPal for its Goji Play interactive fitness solution. The partnership offers MyFitnessPal members the opportunity to be among the first to purchase and experience Goji Play and seamlessly link their exercise data to their MyFitnessPal profiles. Goji Play, conceived by the creators of Guitar Hero, enhances the cardio workout experience by combining wireless game controllers with interactive games for tablets and smartphones.
“The MyFitnessPal partnership allows a community of health, fitness and wellness enthusiasts to experience a new, fun and entertaining way to work out,” said Kai Huang, Blue Goji co-founder and CEO. “Goji Play adds a fun-factor that will encourage people of all fitness levels to exercise more often, starting with MyFitnessPal members.”
MyFitnessPal members that purchase Goji Play will be first to receive a number of exclusive benefits, including early access to new games and hardware, participation in leaderboard competitions for exclusive prizes, a special MyFitnessPal badge for their user profile, and an opportunity to provide personal product feedback to the Blue Goji team. The company also released additional Goji Play product information and assets, which can be found below. Those interested in learning more or purchasing Goji Play can do so by visiting www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/125.
“We’ve developed a platform that over 40 million people are using to track their exercise activities and build healthy habits. We believe Goji Play will give MyFitnessPal users a fun and entertaining way to burn calories and track these workouts in their MyFitnessPal diaries with incredible ease and simplicity,” said Mike Lee, MyFitnessPal co-founder and CEO.
The Goji Play interactive fitness solution includes the following key features:
- Goji Play contains a pair of small Wireless Game Controllers that attach to most pieces of cardio equipment for gameplay control, and an Activity Sensor for measuring activity such as distance and calories.
- Goji Play fitness companion app is available for free from the Apple App Store and allows the user to set and track fitness goals, launch and discover games, connect with others, and more.
- Goji Play will launch with eight games available on the Apple App Store, each of which is designed to enhance the workout experience. Several are created by Free Range Games that specifically incorporate workout intensity into gameplay. New titles will be added regularly.
To connect with Blue Goji:
- Visit: www.BlueGoji.com
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BlueGoji
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BlueGoji
- Subscribe on YouTube: www.youtube.com/BlueGoji
Blue Goji is an interactive fitness company that brings motivation and fun to workout sessions. The company was founded by game industry veterans and fitness enthusiasts Kai and Charles Huang, RedOctane co-founders and inventors of the multi-billion dollar video game franchise Guitar Hero, and Coleman Fung, founder of OpenLink. Blue Goji is developing innovative products that combine software and hardware to transform cardio exercise equipment into an entertaining and rewarding experience for all fitness levels. For more information please visit www.BlueGoji.com.
TriplePoint on behalf of Blue Goji