Combination of Wireless Controllers, Activity Sensor, and Games Enhances Cardio Machines Interactive Fun
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Dec. 12, 2013 – Blue Goji announced today the official launch of Goji Play, a combination of wireless hardware and software that turns cardio fitness machines into a more enjoyable, engaging, and rewarding workout experience. Founded by the co-creators of Guitar Hero, the solution aims to put an end to boring workouts by bringing fun and interactivity to exercise. Goji Play consists of two Wireless Game Controllers, an Activity Sensor, a library of various games and apps, and the Goji Play App for tracking fitness progress and connecting with others. Available for purchase online for $99, Goji Play is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and can be used with most cardio equipment such as treadmills, stationary and recumbent bicycles, and elliptical machines.
“Going back to our founding of Guitar Hero, we’ve witnessed how the fun of games can inspire the masses to be more active and social,” said Kai Huang, Blue Goji co-founder and CEO. “Goji Play is the culmination of our dream to encourage people to get fit by fusing games and cardio equipment.”
Goji Play games are designed to incorporate movement into the game, so workouts become interactive and fun. It’s also built for the entire family, as each member can create their own profile, including fitness goals, favorite games, social profiles, and more. Goji Play can be used at home, the gym, or anywhere there’s exercise equipment. The addition of two games from renowned studio Vector Unit also commemorates the official launch, including hit titles Riptide GP and Shine Runner, as well as a Goji Reader app which enables reading of RSS feeds using the Goji Play controllers.
Goji Play consists of the following:
- A pair of adjustable Wireless Game Controllers that attach to most pieces of cardio equipment, and an Activity Sensor that captures movement to track fitness metrics and incorporate workout intensity into the games.
- The Goji Play App, available for no charge on the Apple App Store, which allows the user to set and track fitness goals, launch and discover games, connect with others, and more.
- A growing library of games and apps, available on the Apple App Store, each of which is compatible with the controllers and are designed to enhance the workout experience.
Additional games and apps are in development and will be released on a regular basis. Developers interested in compatibility with Blue Goji for their existing games or the development of new titles for the platform are encouraged to contact Blue Goji at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To connect with Blue Goji:
- Company website and online store: www.bluegoji.com
- Like on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BlueGoji
- Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BlueGoji
- Subscribe on YouTube: www.youtube.com/BlueGoji
Download the press kit here.
About Blue Gogi
Blue Goji is an interactive fitness company that brings motivation and fun to workout sessions. The company was founded by game industry veterans and fitness enthusiasts Kai and Charles Huang, RedOctane co-founders and inventors of the multi-billion dollar video game franchise Guitar Hero, and Coleman Fung, founder of OpenLink. Blue Goji is developing innovative products that combine software and hardware to transform cardio exercise equipment into an entertaining and rewarding experience for all fitness levels. For more information please visit www.BlueGoji.com.
TriplePoint on behalf of Blue Gogi
+1 (415) 955-8500