Getting hooked on Appxplore’s fishing game is like shooting fish in a barrel
MALAYSIA — March 20, 2014 — Appxplore today announced Mobfish Hunter, an endless fishing-action game, will launch free on iOS and Android in two weeks on April 3rd, 2014. The game will have players hooked with customizable fishing lure weapons and stylish cartoon visuals. Mobfish Hunter comes from the studio behind the award-winning game Lightopus (published by Bulkypix), 2013’s Apple-featured puzzlers Sporos and Alien Hive, and the recent puzzler Caveboy Escape.
Aspiring anglers can view the trailer at this link or download it here.
Set in the year 2020, after the greedy Autocracy has stripped the world of rare Earth elements, disastrous pollution has wreaked havoc on our once-beautiful oceans. Now the world’s fish have mutated into dangerous new species known as Mobfish. To combat these vicious critters, a new class of Mobfish Hunters emerged – and it’s up to you to rise through their ranks. Trick-out your fishing lures with a variety of projectile and melee weapons to rid the seas of Mobfish and become a champion Hunter.
Mobfish Hunter features:
- Four locales: Set in the Mobfish Hunter dystopia, each area includes its own species of Mobfish and challenging environmental hazards.
- Nine Crazy Weapons: Spend the loot awarded for successful fishing expeditions to upgrade a variety of Sea-Mine lures with spinning blades, spread-shot projectiles and heat-seeking abilities.
- Customizable Utilities: Plum the inky depths with four additional utilities that allow your Sea-Mine to dive deeper, move more quickly, and illuminate murky waters.
- Six Leaderboards: See where you rank among Mobfish Hunters locally, regionally and all over the world.
- 30 Achievements: Test your hunting skills and expand your collection of rare Mobfish, as you work to complete these rewarding challenges.
- Responsive Controls: Guide your Sea-Mine fishing lure through detailed maneuvers with sensitive tilt control, sneaking between schools of Mobfish or catching them by the dozens.
- Facebook Integration: Invite Facebook friends and compete for high scores.
- Compatibility: Save your game progress with iCloud or Google Cloud Save, and track your score and achievements with Game Center or Google Play.
Mobfish Hunter will be a free download, launching on iOS and Android Thursday, April 3rd.
Download the Press Kit
Appxplore Sdn. Bhd. is one of Asia’s most modern young gaming studios, focused on providing high quality original mobile apps. Based in the bustling city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, they strive to be the region’s premier game developer.
Appxplore’s friendly team includes award-winning directors and game artists, programmers, and marketers. Their debut game, 2012’s Lightopus, was featured by Apple and received acclaim from top gaming sites. Their follow-up, Sporos, was featured by Google Play. Alien Hive has been downloaded over one million times, while their most recent puzzle game Caveboy Escape was named Best New Games by Apple and achieved over 300,000 download in first week.
Learn more at www.appxplore.com
Thea Briggs, TriplePoint for Appxplore