Teach a man to fish (with dynamite), and feed his craving for explosive fishing action
MALAYSIA — April 3, 2014 — Appxplore today announced the launch of Mobfish Hunter, a free endless action-fishing game for iOS and Android. Rejuvenating the endless fishing subgenre with customizable explosive weapons and modern graphics, Mobfish Hunter is everything a real fishing trip wishes it could be: action-packed, fast-paced and 100% awesome. The game is the latest from the creators of the award-winning Lightopus (published by Bulkypix), 2013’s Apple-featured Sporos and Alien Hive, and most recently Caveboy Escape. Dive into Mobfish Hunter today, free on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Fierce fishermen can watch or download the Mobfish trailer now.
Set in the year 2020, after the greedy Autocracy has stripped the world of rare Earth elements, disastrous pollution has wreaked havoc on our once-beautiful oceans. Now the world’s fish have mutated into dangerous new species known as Mobfish… and they’ve got the underbite to prove it! To combat these vicious critters, a new class of Mobfish Hunters emerged – and it’s up to you to rise through their ranks. Trick-out your fishing lures with a variety of projectile and melee weapons to rid the seas of Mobfish and become a champion Hunter.
Mobfish Hunter features:
- Four Fishin’ Holes: Set in the Mobfish Hunter dystopia, each area includes challenging environmental hazards and different types of Mobfish.
- 141 Collectable Species: Play cryptozoologist to find rare and common species, and receive rewards for complete collections.
- Adaptable Weapons: Select from nine different Sea-Mines, complete with spinning blades, spread-shot projectiles and heat-seeking abilities, then upgrade them for increased performance.
- Customizable Utilities: Dive deeper, move faster, and brighten the dark depths around your Sea-Mine with four additional utilities.
- Six Leaderboards: Compare your skills against other Mobfish Hunters in your city and across the world.
- 30 Achievements: Test your hunting skills and expand your collection of rare Mobfish, as you work to complete these rewarding challenges.
- Responsive Controls: Steer your Sea-Mine with sensitive tilt control, sliding between Mobfish as you dive, then blasting as many as possible on your ascent.
- Facebook Integration: Challenge Facebook friends and compete for high scores.
- Compatibility: Save your game progress with iCloud or Google Cloud Save, and track your score and achievements with Game Center or Google Play.
Get ready to be hooked! Mobfish Hunter is now available, free on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
For further information, aspiring anglers can check out the official website.
Download the press kit.
Appxplore Sdn. Bhd. is one of Asia’s most modern young gaming studios, focused on providing high quality original mobile apps. Based in the bustling city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, they strive to be the region’s premier game developer.
Appxplore’s friendly team includes award-winning directors and game artists, programmers, and marketers. Their debut game, 2012’s Lightopus, was featured by Apple and received acclaim from top gaming sites. Their follow-up, Sporos, was featured by Google Play. Alien Hive has been downloaded over one million times, while their most recent puzzle game Caveboy Escape was named Best New Games by Apple and achieved over 300,000 download in first week.
Learn more at www.appxplore.com
Thea Briggs, TriplePoint for Appxplore