Augmented Reality Device Elevates the Listening Experience, Now on Sale
NEW YORK, NY and TEL AVIV, Israel – October 29, 2014 – Today Woojer, a consumer electronics startup, announced the launch of a matchbox-sized wearable subwoofer that lets users physically feel sound by translating audio signals into tactile sensation. The first such compact device on the market, Woojer was designed by a rock concert audio engineer to provide an immersive experience for users’ favorite music, games and movies. After successfully concluding a Kickstarter campaign in late 2013 – which closed with over 1,700 supporters and $140,000 – the device is now being shipped to backers of the campaign, and is for sale at www.woojer.com.
Woojer is worn on the body, and connects between any audio source and headphones. The patent-pending technology transforms the audio input into a tactile vibration, which can be felt but not heard, to make the body feel as though it is being exposed to loud acoustics. The resulting sensation adds a new, deep dimension to many types of media – one that is felt from the inside out.
“Headphones alone cannot deliver the sensation of high-energy acoustics, and especially as more media moves to mobile, many users crank up the volume to try to emulate that intense feeling,” noted Kfir Bar-Levav, Woojer co-Founder and CEO. “We set out to make a portable, affordable device that could duplicate that rich experience – it is Woojer’s multisensory effect that makes users feel like they’re right in the action.”
Woojer can be used for a variety of applications, to bring a new element to user favorites:
- Take immersive gaming to a new level, especially when coupled with other virtual reality devices – feel a monster’s arrival, become absorbed in the throes of battle, or the beat of the perfect soundtrack.
- Bring new life to classic tunes, and enjoy the energy of a live performance anywhere – music lovers can couple the device with the bass-enhancing app, available on iOS and soon on Android, which boasts eight settings designed for different genres of music and adjustments for multiple types of headphones.
- Make movies come alive like surround sound never could – instead of ramping up the volume, physically feel every explosion and helicopter landing.
- Emulate the sensory input of sound for the deaf and hard of hearing communities
- Woojer Price (one unit): $99.00
- Woojer Extreme Price (two units): $179.00
- Dimensions: 41mm x 29mm x 68mm
- Weight: 73 grams
- Hardware features: Adjustable vibration level, on-off switch, Micro USB Charger, rechargeable lithium ion battery, chest magnet, belt clip.
- Compatible with standard 3.5 mm audio jacks
- Additional Accessories: Carrying Case, T-shirt, Sport strap
- Colors: Black, White, Red, Green
For more information, or to buy Woojer, please visit www.woojer.com.
Woojer is a consumer electronics company dedicated to pioneering immersive audio products that elevate personal entertainment experiences. The company’s eponymous augmented reality product is a silent, wearable subwoofer that converts sounds into tactile vibrations, allowing users to physically feel their music, film, or video games. Compatible with standard 3.5mm audio jacks, users can simply plug and play to add a new dimension of sound to a wide variety of audio sources. Dr. Eli Harari, Founder and ex-CEO and Chairman of SanDisk, provided initial angel funding support, which was followed by a successfully funded Kickstarter campaign in late 2013. Woojer operates out of Tel Aviv and New York. For more information, please visit www.woojer.com.
TriplePoint for Woojer