The Successor to the World’s Biggest Music Trivia Game…. Coming Soon to iOS
NEW YORK CITY – June 30, 2015 – Mobile games publisher FreshPlanet today announced that SongPop 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the original music trivia title smash hit, SongPop, will be available on iOS on July 16, and will launch on Android and Facebook Canvas soon after. The game will riff off of the classic Name That Tune(™) foundation of its predecessor, preserving the fun of the original title’s head-to-head competitive play and adding a few new twists of its own. SongPop 2 will be free to play with in-app purchases.
SongPop 2’s new features include:
- An enormous catalogue featuring more than one hundred thousand tracks of modern and classic hits, and a thousand individually curated playlists with new releases (of 200 songs each!) every week.
- Party Mode, a social single-player game mode that lets players compete in a series of ten-question music trivia quizzes for a spot in the global leaderboard – with prizes for those who top the charts!
- Unique combinations of playlists for every player, customized for each user’s unique preferences upon startup.
- Backwards compatibility for returning users – just sync your accounts to find all unlocked and purchased playlists ready and waiting!
- A quirky, cartoonish new art style by acclaimed illustrator and designer Richard Perez to help usher players into their fabulous new music trivia careers.
“SongPop 2 was made with our community in mind,” said FreshPlanet CEO Mathieu Nouzareth. “We created a bigger, louder and better SongPop experience that lets players enjoy the musical quiz fun on their own or with their friends – plus a slew of brand new features to fit each user’s own musical tastes.”
For more information about SongPop 2, visit:
FreshPlanet is one of New York City’s largest venture-backed game development studios poised at the intersection of mobile, social and pop culture. In 2012, FreshPlanet launched the mega-hit social music game SongPop, amassing more than 100 million downloads and earning global recognition. Continuing its legacy for excellence in mobile and social gaming, FreshPlanet is working on a slate of mobile entertainment projects that bring players together around the world through pop culture. To learn more about FreshPlanet and its current lineup of games and apps, visit the www.freshplanet.com or on Twitter.
# # #
TriplePoint PR for FreshPlanet
Download the press kit here