Affordable, Professional-Quality Broadcasting Solutions Unleash New Creative Possibilities for User-Generated Content
SAN FRANCISCO – August 8, 2017 – Elgato today announced two new additions to its product line for content creators, Cam Link and Green Screen. Used separately or in tandem, both products streamline creators’ workflows and help them elevate the production value of their video content through higher quality visuals. With Cam Link, creators can break free from USB webcams and easily connect a more professional camera to their computer to view content in real time for instant broadcasting and recording. Green Screen is a collapsible chroma key panel that easily pops into place to provide a wrinkle-free chroma surface in a matter of seconds, enabling truly immersive broadcasting. Cam Link and Green Screen will be available on August 18 for an MSRP of $129 and $149, and are now available for pre-order on the Elgato online store and on Amazon.com.
“A high-quality camera is a critical upgrade to any creator’s setup, but often comes at the cost of a complicated and cumbersome video workflow,” said Julian Fest, General Manager of Elgato Gaming. “The arrival of Cam Link and Green Screen will kick off a new era of higher-quality visuals on YouTube, Twitch, and other platforms. These products will help content creators stand out by allowing them to experiment with creative production elements like chroma keying, wide angle and closeup shots, depth of field, and more.”
With Cam Link, the computer reads any high-end camera input as a webcam, allowing it to be easily used with existing capture software for sharper, polished visuals. Cam Link enables real-time feedback, which allows creators to livestream or view footage directly in their editing software without any delay. Free from the standard webcam and complicated workflows, creators can instead focus on expanding the scope of their video production and experiment with different camera lenses, angles, and editing techniques to take their videos to the next level. Access to a purpose built chroma key panel also allows them to set up a studio anywhere for instant immersion. These tools support the creation of a vast variety of content found across YouTube and Twitch Creative.
Cam Link Key Features
- Ultra low latency technology – enables live, high-quality recording and streaming in 1080p60 for professional content
- Plug and produce – links a DSLR, camcorder, point & shoot or action cam to a Mac or Windows PC via a USB 3.0 connection and instantly enables live production
- Simplified workflow – stores content directly on the computer’s hard drive instead of dealing with memory cards with limited storage and recording time restrictions. Real-time, full-screen feedback enables live adjustments of shoddy shots before they’re discovered in the editing room
Green Screen Key Features
- Camera chroma keying – provides a wrinkle-resistant chroma-green surface perfect for professional background removal
- Pop up setup – easily pops open and locks in place in a matter of seconds to create a professional broadcast setup, and packs up just as easily to store away when not in use
- Portable immersion – portable design turns any workplace, such as a bedroom or messy storage room, into a professional studio for instant immersion
Elgato Gaming is the leading provider of hardware and software for content creators. The company leverages decades of experience in creating innovative television recording technology from its parent company, Elgato. The result is an extensive portfolio of cutting-edge solutions designed for the ever-changing landscape of video entertainment. Elgato Gaming empowers all creators to produce high-quality, professional content by developing widely-accessible products that are both affordable and easy to use. The brand has established itself as a leader in game capture, with three powerful game capture cards and accompanying software that enables creators to easily record, upload, and livestream professional content.
Download the press kit here.
Elgato combines seamless software with elegant hardware to create app-powered lifestyle technology defined by comfort, convenience, and control. Since the launch of our award-winning EyeTV collection in 2002, the brand has evolved to embody Eve, an ecosystem of accessories for the connected home – and Elgato Gaming, a series of content creation tools for the connected generation. Designed in Germany and California, our products are distributed by major retailers in over eighty countries around the world. Elgato is privately held with headquarters in Munich, Germany.
TriplePoint for Elgato