Next Generation Map-Based AR Gaming Offers Deep, Skill-Based Play to Aspiring Ghostbusters Everywhere
SEOUL, October 22, 2018 – Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Ghost Corps, publisher FourThirtyThree Inc. (4:33), and developer Next Age have today announced the global launch of Ghostbusters World for iOS and Android. Now available as a free download from the Apple App Store and Google Play, Ghostbusters World offers a fun, fresh take on location-based mobile AR games with iconic characters from across the Ghostbusters universe and adding a variety of gameplay modes with an RPG twist.
Check out the launch trailer here (https://youtu.be/quRF-gecY2U) and download the game today for free:
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1346472900?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ftt.gbworld.aos
Ghostbusters World allows players to fulfill their childhood dreams of following in the footsteps of ghost-busting greats like Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddmore, by strapping on their own proton pack and going out on ghost patrol. Neighborhoods around the world are more haunted than ever, and this time, you’re the one that’s gonna be called. There are hundreds of ghosts—including favorites from the films, TV shows, comic books, theme parks, and video games—that you can capture in the real world and then utilize in teams to battle in the ghost dimension.
Whatever your playstyle might be, Ghostbusters World has something to offer for all types of gamers and Ghostheads:
- Bust Ghosts in Your Neighborhood: Go out and capture ghosts appearing all over the real world with stunningly realistic ghostbusting action made possible through Google’s ARCore and Apple’s ARKit technology.
- Don’t Cross the Streams: Take on massive bosses like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man with up to four other players in co-op raid action!
- Go Solo: Enjoy a single player story campaign written and illustrated by the minds behind the beloved IDW comic book series.
- Get Your Ghosts Going: Assemble and upgrade your very own ghost squad and face off in asynchronous PVP team battles against other Ghostbusters.
- Gear Up: Upgrade your equipment, get perks, and purchase new gear to take down bigger and better ghosts—fast.
More information and assets can be found at: www.ghostbustersworld.com.
# # #
ABOUT FOURTHIRTYTHREE INC.
FourThirtyThree Inc.(4:33), is a mobile game publishing corporation. Founded in 2009, 4:33 received the first President’s Game Award among mobile titles with Blade for Kakao. Other titles such as ‘Three Kingdoms Blade’, ‘Hero for Kakao’, ‘Lost Kingdom’ are also well known hit titles. In 2018, ‘DC Unchained’, ‘Battle Boom’, ‘Boxing Star’ are set for launch. For more information, please visit http://www.433.co.kr
ABOUT SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., which is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
ABOUT GHOST CORPS
Ghost Corps, Inc., a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc., is focused on expanding the Ghostbusters brand with live-action feature films, animated motion pictures, television, merchandise, and other new entertainment products. Ghost Corps is headquartered on the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, Calif.
# # #
TriplePoint on behalf of 4:33