Offworld Industries celebrates with Alpha 13 update introducing new vehicles, game modes, player roles and more
VANCOUVER – May 1, 2019 – Offworld Industries announced that Squad, the studio’s team-based tactical FPS, has enlisted more than one million soldiers. To celebrate, Offworld Industries released Alpha 13, which implements Unreal Engine 4.21 and allows for more tanks, explosions, weapons, and all types of new military warfare to be added in-game. Squad is available for purchase on Steam Early Access for $39.99.
Watch our breakdown of the Alpha 13 update: https://youtu.be/ADxqqWb0reM
This latest update to Squad introduces new gameplay content:
- Explosive Roles: Combat Engineer role is demolitions specialist that can deploy anti-tank mines and timed detonation charges. The Sapper role has added improvised explosive devices to their loadout as well.
- Destruction Mode: This Rush-style game mode will pit two teams against each other, with Attackers tasked with locating and destroying two weapons caches per phase to proceed.
- New Vehicle & Anti-Vehicle Items: The T-62 main battle tank deploys powerful offensive rounds but beware – players can now cause track and wheel damage to vehicles! The BRDM-2 Spandrel and MATV TOW-variant are new deployable solutions that can decimate enemy armored vehicles.
- Infantry Weapon/ Deployable Additions: Playable factions will see the Skorpion Machine Pistol, SA80 bayonet, optics variant, and more loadout changes. New HAB abilities and deployment item changes have been made as well.
For a detailed list changes in Alpha 13, please visit the Squad blog for the full patch notes: https://joinsquad.com/2019/05/01/alpha-13-patch-notes/
“Our team is thrilled and humbled by the outpouring of community support that Squad has received since we first launched into Early Access,” said Dustin Ross, Head Of Customer Experience at Offworld Industries. “Squad was started as a passion project for our team, who were a group of modders trying to create a game that captures combat realism while still being accessible. Squad is a direct result of that open creativity, and we continue to hold the importance of mods within high regard at Offworld Industries.”
Developed alongside military veterans and advisors, Squad emphasizes team-based gameplay that balances arcade-shooter mechanics and military simulation. Squad features massive 40vs40 combined arms warfare where players must work in coordinated groups to achieve victory. Take command of tanks, helicopters, and more to spearhead an assault or defend your team’s forward operating base. Players can utilize Squad’s positional in-game voice chat system to stay in seamless contact with squadmates while maintaining situational awareness.
Watch why teamwork and communication are critical for success in Squad: https://youtu.be/dETZx3a1OFE
Download assets for Squad and the Alpha 13 update within the press kit here.
Follow Squad on its official website and social media for more information:
- Website: https://joinsquad.com/
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/squad
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joinsquad
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JoinSquad
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JoinSquad
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JoinSquad
# # #
About Offworld Industries
Offworld Industries was founded in 2014 by a group of game modders and military veterans on a mission to create compelling games. True to its humble start as a group of developers behind the acclaimed Project Reality mod, Offworld Industries is an independent game development and publishing studio. It also licenses the O.W.I. Core coding system to partners which provides an agile development framework for new titles. Offworld Industries has published two military simulator games – Squad, the studio’s internally-developed modern tactical FPS, and Post Scriptum, a World War II team-based FPS developed by Periscope Games. For more information about Offworld Industries, please visit: https://www.offworldindustries.com/
TriplePoint PR, for Offworld Industries