Video message from the game’s producers, new website, and content updates also available to celebrate this achievement
TOKYO—August 17, 2020—DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced a number of content updates leading into the one-year anniversary of the release of Pokémon Masters. Most notably, the title of the game will be changing from Pokémon Masters to Pokémon Masters EX in a future update to signify how much the game has changed and evolved since its release.
A video from the producers previewing content updates to the game can be found here on the official Pokémon Masters YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoFQr6fM_4, while a new website for the one-year anniversary of the game can be found here: https://1stanniv.pokemonmasters-game.com/en-US.
DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available or coming soon to Pokémon Masters:
- Sygna Suit Cynthia & Kommo-o: The Dragon-type sync pair of Sygna Suit Cynthia & Kommo-o will make their debut in the sync pair Spotlight Scout, which is available now until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time. A Sygna Suit is a special outfit that Trainers can wear into battle on the island of Pasio. This sync pair uses moves like Eyes on the Prize!, which raises a player’s critical-hit rate while also reducing their sync move countdown, and Clanging Scales, which attacks all opponents at once. A new trailer highlighting this sync pair can be found here on the official Pokémon Masters YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9eDtQ-Y4oM.
- Legendary Event – Cyrus & Palkia: The sync pair of Cyrus & Palkia star in an in-game event titled New World Dilemma, which is available now until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time for those that have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. In this event, players will embark on an adventure with Cyrus, the boss of the villainous Team Galactic, and Sygna Suit Cynthia. Players who complete New World Dilemma will have the sync pair of Cyrus & Palkia join their teams
- Lance & Dragonite Return: The Dragon-type sync pair of Lance & Dragonite has returned and will be available in the sync pair Spotlight Scout from August 19 at 11:00PM Pacific time until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time.
- Rock-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Rock-type Pokémon such as Aeordactyl, Onix, Geodude, and Kabuto. Rare shiny versions of Aerodactyl and Kabuto can also be obtained. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event is available now until August 24 at 10:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- Explore the Celebration-Themed Pokémon Center: A specially decorated version of the in-game Pokémon Center will be available for players to explore for a limited time. This version of the Pokémon Center features new background music and a giant statue of Lear.
- Run-Up to One-Year Anniversary – Login Bonus & Mission Bingo: Players who login to the game and complete the Run-Up to One Year Mission Bingo before August 27 at 10:59PM Pacific time will receive up to 3,000 Gems, 225 Skip Tickets, and other in-game rewards.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and iOS devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters at https://pokemonmasters-game.com/en-US.
They can also stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PokemonMasters),Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PokemonMastersGame), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/pokemonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/PokemonMastersGame),for news about the game.
All assets can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dIsSJBIMt4Iuojx_ZWe3_LCy6UMd5DAS?usp=sharing
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce, entertainment, healthcare, automotive and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with over 2,000 employees. DeNA’s aim is to delight and impact the world through the use of the internet and AI. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.
Media Contacts for Information Inquiries
North America: DeNA@triplepointpr.com