Milestone Represents Downloads Worldwide Across Android and iOS Devices
TOKYO—November 6, 2020—DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, today announced that the mobile game Pokémon Masters EX has surpassed 30 million downloads worldwide across Android and Apple devices since launching in late August 2019. To commemorate this achievement, players that login to the game from now until February 25, 2021 at 9:59PM Pacific Time will receive a bonus of 1,500 Gems, enough to add up to five sync pairs to players’ teams.
DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available in Pokémon Masters EX:
- New Sync Pair – Alder & Volcarona: Alder, a former Champion of the Unova region, and his Pokémon partner Volcarona, are now available to add to players’ teams. This Bug-type sync pair can deploy moves like Struggle Bug, which hits all opponents at once, and Unparalled Power!, which radically raises their Sp. Atk. stat. Alder & Volcarona can be obtained in the sync pair spotlight scout, available from now until November 29 at 9:59PM Pacific Time.
- “Dazzling Dizzying Battle Stage” Story Event: This in-game story event is available from now until November 11 at 9:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. This event follows Hoenn region Trainer Lisia as she works with her Pokémon partner Atlaria, and Trainers Hilda and Wallace, to get stronger.
- New Sync Pair – Lisia & Altaria: The Dragon-type sync pair of Lisia & Altaria is now available to add to players’ teams via the sync pair spotlight scout, available from now until November 11 at 9:59PM Pacific time. This sync pair specializes in Tech-type moves, such as Defog, which can clear terrain and field effects from the battlefield. Altaria also has the ability to mega-evolve into Mega Altaria after using a sync move.
- Zinnia & Rayquaza Return!: For the first time since January, players will get another chance to add the sync pair of Zinnia & Rayquaza to their teams via the “The Dragon That Rules The Sky” Legendary Event, available from now until December 6 at 9:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. Players who earn enough in-game rewards during the event will have the powerful duo of Zinnia & Rayquaza join their teams.
- Psychic- and Posion-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Psychic-type Pokémon like Abra and Exeggcute, and Poison-type Pokémon like Grimer. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event is available now until November 25 at 9:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters EX is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and Apple devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters EX at https://Pokémonmasters-game.com/en-US.
They can also stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.
All assets can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DgQZx1xHxvYs4X2aDPG8yI1d1vq5l3gI?usp=sharing
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, live streaming, entertainment, healthcare, and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with over 2,000 employees. DeNA’s aim is to delight and impact the world through the use of the internet and AI. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.Pokémon.com.
Media Contacts for Information Inquiries