TOKYO—May 14, 2021—DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced Special Event Phase 2: Land and Sea Awaken, an in-game event in Pokémon Masters EX where the collective decisions of the player community will dictate the amount of rewards that will be distributed.
In this event, players will earn and use weather survey tickets to battle against Legendary Pokémon Kyogre or Groudon, both of whom are causing abnormal weather conditions on the island of Pasio. There will be several rewards for players to look forward to:
- Players who complete battles in this event will earn rewards that can be exchanged for items like 5★ Power-Ups and co-op sync orbs.
- A bonus reward of Gems, 5★ Power-Ups, and Move Candies will be distributed at a later date, with the amount of rewards dependent on the total number of battles that the player community completes during this event.
- Players will also earn either a Team Magma or Team Aqua in-game badge depending on if the player community defeats Groudon or Kyogre more times.
Special Event Phase 2: Land and Sea Awaken is a continuation of the Special Event Phase 1: Weather Alert event, and will be available from May 16 at 11:00 p.m. Pacific Time to May 27 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Players that log-in once during the event period will be eligible to receive the bonus rewards and the Team Magma or Team Aqua badge.
In addition to this upcoming update, DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available:
- Nessa & Drednaw, Bea & Sirfetch’d Now Available: Galar sync pairs Nessa & Drednaw and Bea & Sirfetch’d are now available to add to players’ teams. Nessa & Drednaw are a Water-type sync pair that can deploy moves like Wash ‘Em Away!, which raises Attack and critical-hit rate, as well as Speed when it is raining on the battlefield. Bea & Sirfetch’d are a Fighting-type sync pair possessing three passive skills related to critical-hit rate. Both sync pairs can be obtained in the sync pair spotlight scout, available from now until May 28 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Solo Event with Nessa and Bea: The Splash and Punch solo event is also available from now until May 28 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. In this event, Galar Gym Leaders Nessa and Bea interact and engage in Pokémon battles with Trainers Misty and Maylene. Players who complete battles in this event will earn vouchers, which can be exchanged for rewards like 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets and Support Move Candy Coins. A log-in bonus will also be available during the course of the event, providing players that log-in each day with up to 1,000 Gems, enough to add up to three sync pairs to players’ teams.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Please find a press kit featuring a variety of assets here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pSlvgUnHLOH3BmsnwqZAFiIwX0W7Ef9d?usp=sharing
Stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.