A deeper look at the game’s first co-op dungeon, Atoraxxion, and more were also revealed
Manhattan Beach, California — June 21, 2021— Over the weekend Pearl Abyss announced a new Black Desert class, Corsair, and a content roadmap for the rest of the year in the game’s annual community event, Heidel Ball 2021. The interactive live stream was watched by over 500,000 Adventurers with 850,000 total views on Twitch and YouTube.
The seafaring swordswoman Corsair uses her oceanic power to crush her enemies. Her combat style takes inspiration from the waves of the sea – unpredictable, powerful, and cool. Since she is a pirate and commander of the sea, she can swim faster and stay underwater longer than any other class.
Corsair’s main weapon is Serenaca, a ‘composite sword’ that extends in length, which is especially lethal when combined with her innate agility. Her sub-weapon is Mareca, a magical orb that grants her the ability to transform into a mermaid and crash into her enemies with the force of a powerful tsunami. Corsair will be released globally on June 29 for PC, console, and mobile, but you can get started with pre-creation on Wednesday, June 23.
Atoraxxion, coming to both PC and console, is the game’s first co-op dungeon. The dungeon is divided into four parts, and the first, Vahmalkea, will be released on July 21. The second, Sycrakea, will be released on July 29 on the Global Lab test server, with the remaining two parts, Yolunakea, and Orzekea, coming later this year.
Filled with epic monster battles, thought-provoking puzzles, and an in-depth exploration of the lore and story of Black Desert’s world, Adventurers will find a traditional and classic RPG experience in Atoraxxion, but with all the features that make them love Black Desert.
Dark Knight Statue
Pearl Abyss teased a premium limited edition Dark Knight class statue being produced in cooperation with Blitzway. You can watch a short video here that shows off the figure’s incredible level of detail.
Black Desert also revealed future content coming to the game on PC and console this summer and beyond: (*the following dates are confirmed for the Global Lab test server)
- In July…
- Adventurers can move into their new Mansions and decorate them with exclusive furniture on July 15.
- In August…
- Adventurers can witness the horrors of a new extreme monster zone, Terror of the Deep Sea, on August 26. This new single-player mode will give Adventurers a new challenge by limiting their field of view.
- Try your hand at a new mini-game, Yarr, based on the rules of poker and the classic dice game Yacht. Adventurers will face off against opponents by using Knowledge cards they possess. This simple but addicting card game will be released on August 12.
- In September…
- From September 2, Adventurers will be able to ride across the water with the new dream horse Mythical Diné using its Sea Sprint skill.
- In October…
- The Elvia Realm Calpheon & Black Star Raid will come on October 14.
- Some classic characters will be reworked and will get special abilities that are unique to them.
- 2 new Red Battlefield maps will be released.
- Storytelling and tutorials will be improved.
Later in the year in Black Desert Mobile, get excited for…
- 5 new classes: Corsair, Lahn, Mystic, Solaris, and one more mysterious class. The four are female classes that have distinctive combat styles:
- Corsair is a fearsome, shapeshifting pirate who commands the battlefield like a captain on the high seas.
- Lahn waltzes across the lands with elegant movements as if she is dancing. She can glide through the air for a certain period of time, and her Crescent Pendulum and Noble Sword let her fend off foes with poise.
- Mystic is a swift, graceful fighter who uses a Cestus, ancient battle gloves, to protect her fists as she crosses, jabs, and uppercuts her way to victory.
- Solaris swings her enormous spear Jordun in combat as if it was as light as a feather, effortlessly overwhelming all enemies around her.
- A new multi-channel boss: Muraka the King of Ogres. Adventurers on all channels of the field where Muraka appears will fight it together, and those who participated in this battle will earn rewards according to the damage they dealt to Muraka.
- A new expansion: Great Ocean. Adventurers can build ships to enjoy the open seas and tons of other features like Sea Fishing, Treasure Recovery, Wanted List, Outlaw Waters, Ghost Ship, New Night Island, Padix Pirate Island, Great Ocean World Boss Khan, Statue of the Goddess Sylvia, and more.
- New regions: South and East Valencia will be updated with new monsters, stories, and features waiting for Adventurers in these uncharted lands.
In-Game Event for PC and Console
To celebrate Corsair’s launch, players can create a Season character during the pre-creation period. Season server characters level-up much faster, giving players a unique way to get new characters up to speed. Adventurers who create one during the event period will receive fantastic rewards.
About Pearl Abyss
Established in 2010, Pearl Abyss is a leading developer in the game industry with its renowned MMORPG franchise Black Desert. Pearl Abyss services the Black Desert IP across all platforms and its action-packed PvP Shadow Arena on Early Access on Steam. All of Pearl Abyss’ games are built on the company’s proprietary engine and are renowned for cutting-edge graphics. Pearl Abyss is currently developing Crimson Desert, DokeV, and PLAN 8 using its next-generation game engine and is poised to grow its overseas market. More information about Pearl Abyss is available at: www.pearlabyss.com
Chastity C. Irizarry
Head of PR at Pearl Abyss America