Create your musical masterpiece, regardless of ability level, on Meta Quest and SteamVR headsets
STOCKHOLM — March 10, 2022 — Fast Travel games has launched Virtuoso, a creative sandbox that lets anyone fulfill their musical dreams in virtual reality. Developed by Really Interactive, and the first offering from Fast Travel Games’ publishing arm, Virtuoso is available on Meta Quest, Rift and SteamVR headsets for $19.99.
Enter the symphonic world of Virtuoso with an all new mixed reality trailer here: https://youtu.be/4I64ykx9jcY.
Budding VR musicians can explore and jam out on special instruments specifically designed for virtual reality. Users with all levels of musical ability – from pitch perfect producers to tone deaf newbies – will enjoy finding their own unique sound. The Looper tool will let anyone form a one person band, while the Tempo Sync feature makes sure the whole act stays on beat. Once rockers are done fine tuning their track, they can save and ship it out to the world by using built-in community sharing features.
“Virtuoso is the next evolution of creating music in a virtual space, allowing both complete beginners and seasoned musicians the chance to create and play in a brand new way.” said Jonatan Crafoord, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Really Interactive. “With tools that will help new musicians stay on beat, and instruments built from the ground-up for virtual reality, there is something for everyone to use and build on to stretch their creative muscles.”
Key Features of Virtuoso include:
- Be the artist of your dreams: Create music in real-time using the Looper and easily share it for all to hear! Even if you’ve never touched an instrument before, features like Tempo Sync and preset scales help you stay in time and on pitch.
- Made-for-VR instruments: The six instruments of Virtuoso have been created specifically for VR. Set up your own custom drum kit with the Empads and tickle the keys of the three-dimensional Oorgan. You can also add vocals with lush reverb using the virtual microphone!
- From opening act to headliner: The interactive tutorial along with intuitive instruments and tools means that everyone, from professional producers to casual music lovers, can become Virtuosos!
The official version of Virtuoso features a number of new and exciting additions, building upon the previous App Lab edition:
- New environments: In addition to the galactic themed environment, create the song of your dreams in a wonder-filled forest. Too distracting? Choose the plain environment to get in a zen like workflow.
- A Passthrough environment is also available, replacing the sci-fi and forest-themed environments with that of your own real-life recording space.
- New Visuals: Instruments have received an updated look, allowing a more immersive experience for creators.
- An Interactive tutorial ensures that even the least experienced players will be able to master the game’s instruments.
- New drum samples and pitch change feature will give percussion masterminds more control over their tunes.
In addition, the UI has been updated and polished, along with several general improvements and bug fixes. The team at Really Interactive is committed to continue to update and improve Virtuoso after its launch, ensuring that aficionados won’t ever feel their creativity constrained.
Virtuoso is the first third-party title published by Fast Travel Games’ recently-launched publishing arm. For more information on Fast Travel’s publishing offerings please visit https://www.fasttravelgames.com/publishing.
About Fast Travel Games
Fast Travel Games is a VR exclusive games developer and publisher based in Stockholm, founded by industry leading veterans and behind critically acclaimed VR titles such as Apex Construct, The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets and Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife. Our mission is to create high quality VR games with believable interactions, set in immersive worlds and populated with memorable characters.
About Really Interactive
Really Interactive is a Stockholm-based creative studio focused on developing VR game titles, interactive entertainment, and real-time applications. We pride ourselves in creating immersive user experiences with a high degree of polish. Our backgrounds and hearts are in video game development, and we love working with any project that pushes the boundaries of creativity, user interaction or audiovisual fidelity.