iPad accolades abound: #1 Strategy game (US) for over 2 months, Metascore of 89 and 2011 App of the Year awards
NEW YORK – June 28, 2012 – Today Armor Games is pleased to announce an even-more-mobile version of Ironhide Game Studios’ hit iPad/Flash tower defense game Kingdom Rush, for iPhone and iPod touch. The iPhone version of Kingdom Rush includes all the features that made the iPad version an international hit, with a revised interface that’s optimized for smaller screens. The game’s colorful visuals shine even on older devices, while the real-time action and addictive upgrade system will satisfy all types of players. To stave off incoming evildoers, players build and upgrade towers to reign down fire and brimstone on the beastly invading hoard. A smash hit online, it’s currently the highest rated game on Kongregate.com with over +100 million players worldwide. Using battle axes, dark magic and flaming meteors, casual fans and tower defense junkies can now get their Kingdom Rush fix anytime, anywhere, available now for iPhone and iPod on the App Store.
Kingdom Rush refines the tower defense genre into a game that’s polished, accessible, and above all… too much fun to put down! To ward off the waves of nasty goblins, players build both offensive and defensive turrets along a path and then, when the action heats up, deploy reinforcements and call in airstrikes. The intuitive touch controls keep the focus on tower construction and upgrades – you’re the conductor in this symphony of battle! Rather than building a maze of turrets, Kingdom Rush streamlines gameplay by letting you build your chosen towers in pre-determined locations along the path. Conquering the invading hoard yields stars to spend upgrading both passive and active abilities. Once you’ve bolstered your arsenal, revisit earlier maps to take on a variety of new challenges (and succulent rewards). With upgrades and tweaks throughout, the iPhone version will introduce a whole new audience to the addictive mayhem of what IGN calls “a must-own instant classic with a high-quality core of polished and well-balanced tower defense action.”
- Newly redesigned interface with pan-and-zoom feature to maximize screen real estate
- Retina display graphics for iPhone 4, 4S and 4th Gen iPod touch, as well as optimized graphics for older devices to rival Retina quality
- Broad optimizations to ensure smooth gameplay across all devices, including flawless performance on iPhone 3GS
Kingdom Rush features:
- Redefining Tower Defense – simple enough for newbies, while tower defense fans will feel right at home
- Lush hand-drawn visuals – Retina graphics & uncluttered style keeps troll-killing at the forefront
- One Helluva Fight – lengthy campaign is backed by Heroic & Iron Challenges for massive replayability
- Terrifying Towers – Sorcerer Mages roast their oppressors; don’t even ask about the Axe-Wielding Barbarian…
- Endless Enemies – Flying gargoyles, massive yetis and vicious horned marauders hammer at your defenses
- To the Victor Go the Spoils – Earn up to 3 stars on each level to add permanent upgrades to your towers
With dozens of detailed levels, bonus challenge modes and a brand new interface optimized for smaller screens, the game is must-have for tower defense fans and casual gamers alike.
About Armor Games
Armor Games is the leading developer of casual Flash and iPhone games. Based in Irvine, California, the company was founded in 2005 by Daniel McNeely, and has developed and released such hit games as Crush the Castle, Sonny, Shift, IndestructoTank! AE and Upgrade Complete!
For more details, visit www.armorgames.com.
Rich Jones, TriplePoint for Armor Games