Personae Studios announces launch date for the anticipated real-time strategy game for iPad devices
SINGAPORE – September 13, 2012 –Personae Studios announced today that MechWarrior: Tactical Command will be available Thursday, September 27th. Based on the award winning franchise, MechWarrior: Tactical Command takes the world of the BattleTech universe and brings it straight into the palms of iPad users worldwide. The game combines unique, innovative multi-touch game controls along with a single player campaign written by a team of award winning famous science fiction authors, Loren L. Coleman and Randall N. Bills–veterans of the series canon lore. Personae Studios has made a firm effort in staying close to the original mechanics of the BattleTech board game in order to appeal to both newcomers and fans of the MechWarrior series alike.
MechWarrior: Tactical Command features:
- Real Time Tactics on the go: MechWarrior: Tactical Command brings a true mobile RTS experience with Personae’s unique controls for iOS devices. Players can initiate precise, advanced commands with quick responses to get the most immersive BattleTech experience ever.
- Authentic BattleTech Mechanics: MechWarrior: Tactical Command stays very close to the original boardgame. Heat acts as stamina and Mech’s limbs have individual sources of health-watch Mechs cripple other robots as they destroy their limbs and bodyparts!
- Massive Damage: Players will fight through waves of Elementals, Tanks, and other heavy armored mechs with a squad of four warriors in 21 levels set across three planets, including Twycross, where a number of the events from the series occur.
- Massive Mechs: With 30 mechs taken from the series lore, there are a variety of Battle Mechs with different classes to deploy onto the battlefield. Charge in with a Mad Cat, annihilate the opposition with the Atlas, or wreak havoc with the Hatamoto-Chi.
- Massive Customization: Players earn C-bills and tech resources from missions to upgrade their lance of mechs. Increase a mech’s arsenal, tune their BattleMech’s accuracy, or enhance their weapon systems-MechWarrior: Tactical Command lets players build their mechs and squad members whichever way they desire.
Sit tight and get ready to deploy when MechWarrior: Tactical Command makes its way onto iPad devices, Thursday September 27th for $9.99 on the iTunes Store.
About Personae Studios
Personae Studios LLP was formed in October 2007 with a vision: To dive into one’s creative mind in an attempt to fuse traditional gaming methods with the electronic gaming space. The studio’s goal is to introduce new and engaging computer gaming concepts by incorporating the roots of traditional computer gaming methods, with the innovative gameplay elements driven by modern technologies. Based in Singapore, the studio specializes in the design and development of iPhone games and supporting infrastructures. Personae Studios believe in designing games that suit all occasions, while bringing entertainment closer to wherever anyone goes.
Ellen Manuszak, TriplePoint for Personae Studios