After Reaching 4 Million Downloads on iOS, Free Social App Brings Unique Mix of Image, Audio and Text Sharing to Google Play
BOSTON, Mass. – July 17, 2013 – Digisocial, Inc. today announced that its popular social sharing app is now available for free on Android devices, following an initial iOS launch earlier this year. With 4 million cumulative downloads on iOS, Digisocial features a large, global community for Android owners to create and share audio-enabled content with, in an experience that is as private or public as a user chooses. The first app of its kind, Digisocial gives users the power to add voice and sound to image and text posts, delivering an extra layer of expression, or instantly record and share their voice in standalone audio posts with friends and other users around the world. To learn more about how Digisocial can be used to empower the social sharing experience with voice, visit the company’s YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/digisocial.
- Download Digisocial for free on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digisocialrelease.view
- Download Digisocial for free on the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digisocial/id529473443?mt=8
Since launch on January 16, 2013, Digisocial has received a number of updates designed address user feedback and improve the overall social sharing experience. These updates, which are reflected in both the iOS app and the newly-launched Android version, include discoverability tweaks with the addition of a new “Explore” feature which allows users to filter by region and view and hear content from around the world, a specific area or their own neighborhood. Building on its focus on privacy – Digisocial only tracks data users physically enter, and will never sell this data to third parties – the app now features controls that allow users to approve or deny individual followers, or set their profile to completely public or private.
“The amount of downloads we were able to achieve with our iOS app is proof that the world is hungry for new and more robust ways to share,” said David Guo, CPO of Digisocial. “With our expansion to Android, we are providing a large audience from around the world to connect with in new ways, empowering interactions with optional audio in a seamless but robust sharing experience.”
Digisocial’s key features include:
- VoicePhotos and Audio Commenting: Hold a touch-screen button to instantly record and upload high-definition audio to images and text, providing a new way to share and express yourself when simple texting and instant messaging don’t cut it
- 100% free, private and ad-free: All features are accessible for no charge, and users will only see real content from real people: Digisocial does not support ads or promoted posts. The app only tracks the data users elect to provide, and Digisocial will never sell users’ content or data to third parties
- Customizable chat groups: Create and participate in custom groups that scale from a few individuals to thousands of people around the world, sharing VoicePhotos and chatting about favorite subjects
- Customizable privacy settings: Users have full control over their content with the choose to approve or deny followers as they appear or set posts to “fans only”
- High quality technical back-end: VoicePhotos are played back virtually and instantly in HD audio. Additionally, a multi-layer server set up ensures minimal downtime when traffic is high
- Region-specific search: Get more focused results by filtering searches by city and/or region
Download Digisocial for free:
- On Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digisocialrelease.view
- On the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digisocial/id529473443?mt=8.
For more information:
- Visit our website: http://www.digisocial.com
- Like us on Facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/digisocial/
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/digisocialapp
- Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/digisocial
About Digisocial, Inc.
Founded in 2011, Digisocial, Inc. is a privately owned and operated corporation with global operations encompassing studios located in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Qingdao, Sydney and Tokyo. The company, created to develop new ways for consumers to share and connect, has released an audio-enabled social sharing app for iOS and Android which allows users to create and share VoicePhotos — images attached to high definition audio recordings. With VoicePhotos and other features that combine the best capabilities of modern devices with popular social content, Digisocial delivers a consistent but flexible social experience.
Erin Fan, TriplePoint
Download the press kit.