Vikings bring a horde of event-exclusive features, including a new map, in the latest season of the gum-based action game
TOKYO, Japan – September 29, 2022 – The gates of Valhalla have opened as Season 11 begins today in Ninjala! GungHo Online Entertainment is celebrating this season with outfits fit for the Gods, a Shinobi card that rewards emote-happy players, and event-exclusive weapons that can unleash Ragnarök on your foes. Fans of the Ninjala story will love Story Pack Vol. 3, which focuses on a fierce Ninja-Gum warrior battling for the pride of the WNA Academy.
Stay tuned – there’s another collaboration coming in December that players won’t want to miss. The WNA Tours: Jiraiya Cup will also start in October for solo battles and in November for teams.
Pillage Your Way to Victory
Now through January 11, viking warriors set their sights on tons of loot and game features, including:
- Take the High Ground: Players can prove their strength in battle in the WNA Junkyard, a freighter ship-based stage with plenty of vertical platforms. Climb on gas tanks and shipping containers and use Gum Rails, Dash Plates, and Jump Pads to take out the competition.
- Bombastic Gum Weapons: Blow away the competition with the Pow Wow Cannon and Oedo Cannon, two punch-type weapons that fire beams when attacking. Both cannons have a special called “Thunder Cannon” that shoots a powerful long-range laser beam – perfect for stealing a drone kill or pushing the competition out of the zone! Pow Wow Cannon’s Ninjutsu, Super Fling, fires a powerful wave of force to take out drones and players. Oedo Cannon’s Gum Shot, Gum Needle, has a timed explosion that causes a Gum Bind, giving players the chance to rush in and attack pinned rivals.
- Energy Saving Ability: Recover S-Energy after attacks with the “Energy Reward” ability, giving an extra few seconds to turn the tide of a battle.
- Get Back in the Game: Bring Drones back into the battle quicker with “Drone Hustle”, the latest Shinobi card. Continuously using emotes near a downed Drone will speed up the respawn time. The card is even more effective if an ally also has the card equipped and joins in on the emote spree.
- Work It For the Runway: Try before you buy with the Fitting Room in the Shinobi Shop. Try on any item in your cart, or multiple items at once.
- Dress Up Your Weapons: Obtain limited edition Ninja-Gum by conducting more in-depth research on various Gum Weapons. There are 13 Ninja-Gum Skins coming to the lab in Season 11.
- Show Off Your Spoils: The WNA Resort now has a Sticker Board. Players can display stickers found around the Resort map. Place stickers on the board to take screenshots with your favorites.
Battle with Burton
Burton, the main character of Story Pack Vol. 3, battles in the Croissant Arena in Ninja Extreme, an event showcasing the strength of the WNA Academy. Players that prove their skills in the story pack can win exclusive avatar items, BGMs, and more. Story Pack Vol. 3 drops today in the Ninjala shop.
Celebrate the Season
Celebrate the new story pack from September 28 to October 12 with the “Story Pack: Chapter 3 Release Celebration Campaign!” Anyone that purchases Story Pack Vol. 3 during the campaign will receive 100 Research Points to use in the Ninja Gum Lab. Story Pack Vol. 1 and 2 will be discounted to $4.99 during the campaign for players that want to get caught up on the story so far.
Ninjala is an online Ninja-Gum action game featuring a colorful cast of ninjas who battle it out in action-packed clashes while free-running across dynamic environments. These young descendants of ancient ninja clans wield a variety of special items and abilities, highlighted by the use of distinctive “Ninja-Gum” weapons. Check out the trailer here.
Press assets can be found here.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in Redondo Beach, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
Senior Communications Coordinator
TriplePoint on behalf of GOEA