Witness the Magical Combat of the Multi-Platform Twin Classes in New Trailers
Manhattan Beach, CA — January 13, 2023 — Korean developer and publisher Pearl Abyss announced today Black Desert’s first Twin Classes will go multi-platform, with Woosa launching on Mobile Tuesday, January 17, and Maegu arriving soon on PC. Previously, Maegu had only been available on Mobile, with Woosa available to PC players.
Maegu and Woosa are just a few of the exciting updates arriving in Black Desert in 2023. In-game, the twins hail from the forthcoming “Land of the Morning Light”, a Korean-folklore inspired region set to be one of Black Desert’s biggest expansions of the year. The new region – full of unique bosses and storylines, alluring territory to explore, and rewards – is expected to arrive in the first half of 2023, with more details coming soon.
On PC, new and veteran players will soon explore Maegu’s unique Mage fighting skills and her alluring fox powers. Maegu wields magic with deadly elegance across five distinct skills:
- Soul Tear: In the blink of an eye, Maegu is driven forward under the guise of the revered fox spirit. After that she will return to her original form, stabbing her target with the Binyeo Knife.
- Tethered Souls – Flow: Hanpuri: With the grace of a dancer, she throws out the Fox Charm to interrupt her opponent’s movement. After which, Maegu approaches suddenly to place the Binyeo Knife firmly in her opponent’s chest.
- Ghost Bomb: Maegu turns her body to the side, avoiding incoming hits and throws the Fox Charm. After which another Fox Charm appears at the location, exploding and dealing damage.
- Bristling Sparks: Maegu raises the power of the Fox Charm to create a formation of charms in front of her that inflicts constant damage. Then Maegu takes the Binyeo Knife and detonates the summoned charms, causing great damage.
- Foxspirit Deceiver: Channeling the power of the Fox Spirit, Maegu creates a doppelganger, confusing her enemies. Players also can be cunning and switch positions instantly with their doppelgangers.
In celebration of Maegu’s arrival on Black Desert Online, players will be able to claim J’s hammer item on the official Black Desert website soon. A powerful fan favorite that’s nearly impossible to acquire, J’s Hammer safeguards a downgrade in enhancement levels for gear in case the enhancement attempt fails. Players who want to experience Maegu’s fox power in advance can sign up for the pre-release event today to play on Black Desert Global Lab starting on Monday, January 16. More information about the Global Lab event can be found here.
No less deadly is Woosa, who wields powerful elemental attacks and ancient Do Arts on Black Desert Mobile. Woosa expertly uses her fan, channeling the power of Sagoonja with the following abilities:
- Wingbeat: Woosa enhances the size of her fan and knocks back enemies. Holding down the skill button charges up a stronger gust of wind, pushing enemies back further and knocking them down. When used with Sagoonja: Plum, the skill increases its attack speed and scatters plum petals that fly around the air.
- Butterfly Step: Woosa leaps elegantly into the sky, dodging enemy attacks and objects. Holding down the skill button allows her to perform an extra leap.
- Stormfall: Woosa swings her fan and creates a giant storm, inflicting heavy damage to surrounding enemies in a wide area. With its impressive range, it is useful for defeating hordes of monsters and bosses. Stormfall inflicts additional damage when combined with other skills.
- Cloudrise: Woosa creates a dark cloud above enemies’ heads, causing extreme damage through rain and lightning. Players can use this skill successively to build combos for additional enemy damage.
- Enlightened: Use this passive ability to reduce PvP and skill damage from enemies. Enlightened stacks up to four times and gives an extra damage buff to Wingbeat, Sagoonja: Plum, and Cloudrise.
For more information on Black Desert Online, please visit the official website; for more on Black Desert Mobile, visit the official mobile site. To stay up to date with the latest happenings in Black Desert, follow the game on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Assets can be found here.
ABOUT BLACK DESERT IP
The Black Desert IP is Pearl Abyss‘ open-world action MMORPG franchise with cutting-edge visuals and skill-based combat that redefines the genre. With the most developed character customization system of any game currently on the market, users can break out of the norm and make unique characters that truly represent themselves. Its intuitive controls, beautifully designed world, and extensive lore will excite both newcomers and veterans of MMO games and action RPGs. Pearl Abyss is currently servicing the Black Desert IP, which has gained 50 million players across the world on PC, mobile, and console.
ABOUT PEARL ABYSS
Established in 2010, Pearl Abyss is a leading developer in the game industry with its renowned MMORPG franchise Black Desert, available on PC, mobile, and console. All of Pearl Abyss’ games are built on the company’s proprietary engine and are renowned for cutting-edge graphics. Pearl Abyss is currently developing Crimson Desert, DokeV, and PLAN 8 using its next-generation game engine and is poised to grow its overseas market. More information about Pearl Abyss is available at: www.pearlabyss.com.
TriplePoint on behalf of Pearl Abyss
Head of Public Relations, Pearl Abyss America