Balance luck and skill to net more IPPONs… and fish?
TOKYO, Japan – January 17, 2023 – Hone your scrap-collecting skills as Season 12 of Ninjala kicks off today. GungHo Online Entertainment’s gum-based ninja action game celebrates the Junk-themed season with steampunk fashion; a high-risk, high-reward Shinobi Card; and a classic pastime with a shinobi twist coming to the WNA Resort: Ninjala Fishing!
Net Some Season 12 Goodies
Now through April 26, work your best airship fashion and cast your line for these event-exclusive items:
- Fast Fashion? More Like Junk Fashion: Another season means a new wardrobe, but you’ve never seen outfits like *this* in Ninjala. Throw on (but don’t throw out) scrapyard and steampunk-inspired outfits to show off your junk couture.
- Roll the Dice: The new “Gambler Card” Shinobi Card is perfect for brawlers who love to test their luck. Unlike most Shinobi Cards that have a fixed effect, the Gambler Card gives a different effect every time you respawn.
- If you win big, you could receive a full recharge of your Gum Ninjutsu or even powerful Super Armor.
- If you aren’t so lucky, you might lose it all with debuffs that drain your Ninjutsu charge or decrease your movement speed.
- There’s even a chance to get no effect at all!
- More Than One Way to Catch Fish: Pack your tackle box and take a trip to the WNA Resort, which now offers the ‘Ninjala Fishing’ activity. You can cast your line in any large body of water, including the ocean or lakes found around the resort. Try out three types of fishing, each with their own tactics and challenges:
- Pole-and-Line Fishing puts you in a push-and-pull against the fish by using a float. Pay close attention to your float; as soon as it gets pulled deep underwater, reel in your line and hook your catch. Be warned: some fish are tricky and will shake the boat to fake you out.
- Surf Fishing (Bait) is all about moving in sync with the fish. While you still need to watch for bites and time when you pull in your line, the key is moving your rod back and forth with the fish’s movements. If you want to exhaust the fish and catch it quickly, you can increase the tension of your line, but doing so will sacrifice its durability.
- Surf Fishing (Lure) is similar to Surf Fishing (Bait), but instead of baiting fish near the surface, you’ll need to keep your bait at the right depth to lure in your prey.
- Build the Ultimate Fishing Equipment: You can now buy fishing equipment at the Shinobi Shop, including Fishing Rods, Fishing Rod Skins, and Bait. Mix-and-match these pieces for new ways to catch bigger and better fish. Rods each have their own abilities, such as decreasing fish stamina or granting combination bonuses. Certain fish can only be caught using the right bait, so keep track of what’s in your tackle box.
- Catch Them All: Each player will receive a species catalog called an “Aquapedia” to help them track the fish they have or have not yet caught. Check the Fishing Map for tips on where other players have reeled in large or rare fish to fill out your Aquapedia.
- Reel in Rewards: Complete Fishing Missions—including weekly challenges—for extra rewards like bait, research points, Jala, and more.
Celebrate by Going Pro
The Fishing Release Celebration Campaign kicks off in Season 12 with special event missions and free bait given with the purchase of fishing rods. The bait corresponds to the type of rod purchased.
Dedicated fishermen can enjoy monthly fishing tournaments, including the first-ever “Horse Mackerel Tournament.” Now through February 1, players across all regions can join the tournament from the Events option in the in-game fishing portal. High-ranking players will receive a limited-edition badge. The top 2,000 players can boost their chances to catch rare fish by using a special “Gumchi” bait.
Ninjala is an online Ninja-Gum action game featuring a colorful cast of ninjas who battle it out in action-packed clashes while free-running across dynamic environments. These young descendants of ancient ninja clans wield a variety of special items and abilities, highlighted by the use of distinctive “Ninja-Gum” weapons.
Press assets can be found here.
To learn more about Ninjala, visit the official website, Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in Redondo Beach, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
Senior Communications Coordinator
TriplePoint on behalf of GOEA