Experience Black Desert’s Biggest Expansion to Date on Mobile and Join an Everlasting Season Server on PC
Manhattan Beach, CA — September 20, 2023 — Korean developer and publisher Pearl Abyss unveiled major updates today for both Black Desert Mobile and Black Desert Online. On mobile, Black Desert’s critically acclaimed expansion Land of the Morning Light arrives Tuesday, September 26, coinciding with the commencement of a new season and the exciting addition of Woosa Awakening. On PC, Black Desert Online players can now join the newly conceived season server, enabling Adventurers to level up at their own pace without a seasonal deadline.
- Watch the Land of the Morning Light trailer here, the developer commentary here, and the boss combat trailer here
- Download all Land of the Morning Light assets here
- Download Black Desert Online season server assets here
BLACK DESERT MOBILE
Black Desert’s Biggest Expansion, Adapted for Mobile: Land of the Morning Light offers original new gameplay, cultural storylines, and powerful gear to Black Desert Mobile players, transporting them to a mythical new continent filled with authentic landmarks, folklore-inspired bosses, and characters inspired by Korea’s Joseon dynasty.
- Fearsome Bosses to Conquer: Players of all skill levels can fight four mythical bosses including the deadly Golden Pig King; the nine-tailed Fox, Gumiho; the blue-skinned monster Songakshi; and the Mudang Wraith, Bari; in customized difficulty levels. Veteran players can challenge themselves in the “Black Shrine” mode, fighting each boss on a new difficulty level (or Calamity Level).
- Dynamic New Gear: By defeating bosses in the Black Shrine Boss Rush, Adventurers can obtain the “Flame of Hongik” and craft a variety of high-powered Dawnveil Gear. The Flame of Hongik can be acquired at a set chance and collected for crafting by using Flame of Hongik’s Embers.
- Quests Inspired By Korean Folklore: Players follow an immersive storyline that unfolds like a novel, discovering Korean fables and meeting characters from popular Korean folktales, including Songakshi, the vengeful maiden ghost, and Bari, the Mudang Wraith.
- Stunning Landscapes From Korea: Pearl Abyss studied 15 real-world locations to re-create historical landmarks in-game. Visit a Korean folk village inspired by villages from the Joseon period or Nampo Gate, inspired by Sangdang Sanseong Fortress.
- Take on a Powerful New Character: With the power of this netherworld, Woosa Awakening, aka Choryeong, summons the souls of the deceased using the calligraphy brush to attack enemies and wields flowers of death to strategically block enemies. This powerful “Do” fighter can unleash various long- and short-range attacks based on the distance between her and the enemy, or summon flowers to relentlessly track them and inflict explosive damage, ensnaring enemies in a state of confusion.
BLACK DESERT ONLINE
A Revamped Season Server Experience: The transformed season server removes the seasonal end date, giving players the chance to choose when to start leveling and graduate their character. Season servers offer season-exclusive gear, accelerated experience, and unique content and rewards through Season Pass challenges, quests, and other activities, making them a perfect starting point for players new to Black Desert Online.
Level Two Characters at Once: The new “Character Tag” system enables players to level up two characters together, creating a way for players to easily grow multiple characters’ power at the same time. Simply tag an idle character to an active character for them to receive the same amount of experience earned through play.
Two Complementary Season Character Tickets: To welcome the new season, Adventurers will receive two seasonal character tickets to jump-start their journey.
For more information, please visit the official Black Desert Mobile and Black Desert Online websites. To stay up to date with the latest updates, follow Black Desert Mobile on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and follow Black Desert Online on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
ABOUT BLACK DESERT IP
The Black Desert IP is Pearl Abyss‘ open-world action MMORPG franchise with cutting-edge visuals and skill-based combat that redefines the genre. With the most developed character customization system of any game currently on the market, users can break out of the norm and make unique characters that truly represent themselves. Its intuitive controls, beautifully designed world, and extensive lore will excite both newcomers and veterans of MMO games and action RPGs. Pearl Abyss is currently servicing the Black Desert IP, which has gained 50 million players across the world on PC, mobile, and console.
ABOUT PEARL ABYSS
Established in 2010, Pearl Abyss is a leading developer in the game industry with its renowned MMORPG franchise Black Desert, which is available on PC, mobile, and console. All of Pearl Abyss’ games are built on the company’s proprietary engine and are renowned for cutting-edge graphics. Pearl Abyss is currently developing Crimson Desert, DokeV, and PLAN 8 using its next-generation game engine and is poised to grow its overseas market. More information about Pearl Abyss is available at: www.pearlabyss.com.
TriplePoint on behalf of Pearl Abyss
Head of Public Relations, Pearl Abyss America