6waves and Harebrained Schemes declare war on Earth invaders
SAN FRANCISCO – June 21, 2012 – 6waves and Harebrained Schemes today announced the release of Strikefleet Omega, their new free-to-play mobile strategy game for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices that blends fast-paced alien-eradicating action and tactical real-time strategy, as seen in the latest gameplay video. Strikefleet Omega is now available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play and is coming soon to Amazon.
Strikefleet Omega puts players in command of the EEF Retribution and her many squadrons of starfighters. Players must fend off advancing waves of vicious alien enemies by tracing paths for their units, while simultaneously managing mining operations and fleet upgrades. With the fate of humanity at stake, Strikefleet Omega brings hardcore to mobile for the ultimate battle for Earth.
Strikefleet Omega features:
- Hours of gameplay as players defend humanity against relentless alien hordes across 40+ campaign levels
- Includes Survival Mode, where players lead Humanity’s last stand and combat endless waves of the Hive Queen’s forces. Combat against new enemies not found in the Campaign Mode
- A fleet with over a dozen different ships, all with plenty of upgrades available
- Clever strategies to take on nearly 20 enemy unit types, from small fighters to massive engines of destruction
- Launching and creating paths for squadrons while engineers mine asteroids for precious warp crystals and man fire devastating area-effect artillery salvos
- A blend of action and strategy with a simple, intuitive touch screen interface
- Play a game designed by gamers, for gamers
6waves is the leading international publisher of gaming applications on the Facebook platform. Through partnerships with top developers, 6waves aims to publish the next generation of social and mobile games to cover every genre, language, and platform. To date, they have over 30 million monthly active players playing 6waves games and applications, a number that continues to grow daily. Some of their most popular games include Ravenwood Fair, Mystery Manor, Spartacus and Resort World.
About Harebrained Schemes
Harebrained Schemes is a small group of wildly talented people, crammed into a closet, making whatever cool thing inspires us next. Lead by serial entrepreneur Jordan Weisman (founder of FASA, Virtual World Entertainment, FASA Interactive, Wizkids, 42 Entertainment, Smith & Tinker, and creator of BattleTech / MechWarrior, Shadowrun, and Crimson Skies), the Harebrained team is a combination of seasoned veterans and fresh talent. The company’s first mobile game, Crimson Steam Pirates, was published last year by Bungie Aerospace and became iPad “App of the Week”, made Entertainment Weekly’s “MUST List”, Metacritic.com’s “Best iPhone Games of 2011” list, and was one of Apple’s “Benchmark games for 2011”. The team is also working on the Kickstarter success, Shadowrun Returns.
Erin Fan, TriplePoint for 6waves
Abigail Murphy, 6waves
Download the press kit
Watch the gameplay video on YouTube