VANCOUVER, CANADA – Sept. 27, 2012 – Canada-based mobile game developer Hope This Works Games today unveiled their newest game Polara, a side scrolling platform running game, coming to iOS and Android devices. Polara turns the popular free-running platform genre on its head by introducing a color switching strategy, challenging players to do more than just dash and jump, as well as a compelling and immersive story line that keeps players hooked for more. You’ll need a fast eye and even faster reflexes to make your way through all 50 levels, check out the teaser for the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJCL46EhQ0
- Story-Driven Level Progression—Search for vengeance across 50 challenging levels
- Simple Controls, Complex Gameplay–Switch colors with a tap to jump through lasers, build bridges over impossible gaps, or bounce bullets into bad guys
- Move in Unexpected ways—Color-activated Launch Pads, Gravity Waves, and Hex Bombs make your path anything but a straight line
- Man vs Machine Combat—Take on four challenging bosses who will push your skill to the limits
- Eye-Snatching Visuals—When you’re not dodging danger, watch full color hand-painted cut scenes.
Side runner fans looking for a brand new challenge can pick up Polara on October 11 for $0.99 on the App Store and Google Play. For more info, check out the official website: http://htwgames.com/games/polara/
Link to screenshots: www.triplepointpr.com/dl/HopeThisWorksGames/Polara/screenshots.rar
About Hope This Works Games
Hope This Works Games is a three-man Vancouver, Canada-based mobile game development company founded in 2011 by a team of former AAA console game designers. Their first game, Kunundrum, was released in October of 2011, and they continue to make games with the same passion and excitement that they had making titles for Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, and PS3. You can read more about Hope This Works Games at http://htwgames.com/.
Facebook | @Twitter
Tristan Kruth, TriplePoint