MILWAUKEE, Wis. – April 17, 2013 – Guild Software, the veteran independent gaming studio, today announced the release of Vendetta Online for the iPad. Now, iPad users can pilot their own spaceships through a vast interstellar gaming universe and compete in intense real-time PvP combat for a mobile PC-Grade MMO experience.
Designed and developed by a dedicated handful of truly indie developers, Vendetta Online debuted in 2002.With regular updates and weekly expansions, players never bore of the gameplay as new challenges are continuously added. Passionate Vendetta Online fans are also encouraged to get involved with development through the Player Contribution Corps (PCC). The PCC gives enthusiastic players access to review, test and build new missions. Unlike other MMOs, Vendetta Online provides an unparalleled and interactive experience for both gameplay and expansion.
Features of the iPad version of Vendetta Online include:
- Grand scale – Explore 30 star systems, each containing 256 different sectors, adding up to 7680 regions of explorable space.
- Twitch-based space combat – Utilize both tilt and on-screen touch inputs to control your starship.
- True MMO experience on iPad – Unique interstellar missions and real-time PvP space combat.
- Seamless gameplay between platforms – Play via PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS all in the same gaming universe.
- Single player “Free Play” mode – Perfect your flying technique and enjoy minigames offline.
Vendetta Online is only available on iPad2 or later, running at least iOS 5.
About Guild Software
Guild Software is an independent game developer based in Milwaukee, WI. Founded in 1998, the company has continually pursued the cutting edge in large-scale multiplayer environments. Developing a completely proprietary MMO engine from scratch, these efforts culminated in the successful launch of Vendetta Online TM. Guild software continues to expand upon Vendetta Online, using the title to further both the game and the NAOS Engine on which it is based, striving towards the next generation in unbounded, evolving worlds.
Download a press kit here.
Samantha Qualls, TriplePoint for Guild Software