Sky Ship Studios Joins Forces with Asmodee Digital to Build Out Digital Release of Desolate Deck-Based Classic
PARIS – Nov. 30, 2017 – Asmodee Digital today announced their partnership with Sky Ship Studios to produce the digital release of Gloom, the deck-building game that challenges its players to outmatch their opponents in depressive spectacle, vying to undergo the most miserable mishaps while sabotaging the competition with happy occasions. Gloom will slouch onto Steam in March 2018. The game will be available on tablet platforms later next year.
Partnering with Asmodee will allow Sky Ship to flesh out a slew of desolate new digital content for their PC launch:
- Friends List: Asmodee knows that misery loves company, so they’ve enabled players to build a list of friends within the Gloom platform and chat with prospective opponents before a session.
- Single Player: Misanthropes who prefer to languish alone can compete against bots.
- Immediate Bot Replacement: When online players grow too sad to go on, Gloom will instantaneously swap in AI opponents.
- Karma System: Gloom will use Asmodee Digital’s Karma system to reward good behavior (not leaving games in the middle of a match, etc.), allowing players to set a minimum Karma requirement for players joining their match.
- Cross Platform Play (Coming Soon): With cross-platform compatibility between devices, Gloom players will be able to suffer on any system when the game expands to tablets in 2018.
Gloom press kit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HWqAaneabRNsCHvab_tVoiQtZPEjoVCv
Masochists and sadness enthusiasts can suffer in style with Gloom on Steam in March 2018. Check out Asmodee Digital for more information: http://www.asmodee-digital.com/.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
# # #
About Asmodee Digital
Asmodee Digital, a fully owned subsidiary of the Asmodee Group, is an international publisher and distributor of digital board games with operations located in Europe, North America, and China. Asmodee Digital manages the creation, design, development, publishing, and marketing of board and card games on leading digital platforms for Asmodee studios as well as for third-party publishers. The current Asmodee Digital catalog includes best-selling digital games such as Ticket to Ride, Splendor, Pandemic, Small World 2, Mr. Jack London, Lexigo Rush, Story Cubes, Colt Express, Mysterium, Potion Explosion, Onirim, Jaipur, Spot It! Duel, Ticket to Ride: First Journey, Harald, Smash Up, Catan Stories and digital versions of many other well-known board games.
About Sky Ship Studios
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, Sky Ship Studios is an independent game development studio formed in 2014 by games industry veterans Cody Durant, Eric Francksen, and Shawn Sharp. The team was drawn together by their desire to create a customer-centric development studio serving the mid-core community. The games we desperately want to see on the market coupled by our desire to communicate closely with our customers throughout the development cycle is what keeps us moving forward.
TriplePoint for Asmodee Digital