Have a howling good time with this major new update “fur” Volta-X!
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – June 16, 2021 – Gather up your pawsome pilots once again, GungHo Online Entertainment America (GOEA) launched a new Metaverse Update for Volta-X today! A brand new Metaverse Mode, new Voltas, and new weapons will make you fall in love with this strategic robot battler all over again.
This brand new offline mode lets you choose between a randomized set of loadouts and compete in challenges to survive multiple battles. Players can upgrade parts and repair Voltas between battles to make sure they stay in tip-top fighting shape, but losing resets progress for the current run. Bring your favorite animal crew members and Voltas for this wild new challenge!
Mecha pilots rejoice! Two new Voltas arrive to the Metaverse Update and introduce exciting new mechanics that will help tame any fight:
- Valkyrie: a Transformer that can switch between a Tank and Human form at will
- Irontail: a Volta that wields a third hand weapon with their powerful tail and whose scorching hot special move adds fire to their next nine attacks
Trade in your jaws and claws for a large variety of new weapons. Their unique features can help players form the ultimate winning strategy:
- Blaster Cannon: a Shoulder-Arm part that deals damage based off the current charge
- Black Hole Beam: a Shoulder-Arm part that creates a black hole in a target room, which will pull in crew members from adjacent rooms
- Nanomachine Cloud: generates a healing aura effect that will heal all rooms over time
- Destroyer: adds crew damage to all of your parts
- Ice Launcher: adds an iced effect to a target room, which will slow down the repair rate and crew movement, plus extinguish fires
- Auto Turret: periodically fires if a crewmate is present inside a room
But that’s not all! These updates will make your animal companions roar with excitement, literally:
- Raiden: this special now gives armor to all rooms
- Dagger: updated the Light Punch to a dagger
- New Boss Volta: a Boss for Metaverse Mode and Post-game Missions with a special that shoots an ice beam at three target rooms
- New Emotes: give your crew more ways to celebrate and taunt opposing Voltas
- New crew costumes: style up your pilots in the latest fashions from the World Volta Association across all game modes
- Two new Headquarters Rooms: the Volta Training Room and the Crew Training Room allow pilots and Voltas to earn experience outside of battle, and you now unlock new Voltas and crew members through these rooms, too
Additionally, right now as part of the Nintendo Switch Digital Deals, Volta-X is 50% off for $9.99!
Volta-X is a real-time strategy RPG, where players control a crew of animal pilots working together within a giant Volta robot, battling other Voltas and monstrous Kaiju in both PvE and PvP fights. Players can customize their Voltas with thousands of combinations – creating a custom loadout to suit their playstyle that can implement multiple weapons including heat sabers, massive drills, acid launchers, and more. Strategy in battle is key as players manage firing off weapons and commanding their team of Volta pilots to power-up weapons, repair their Volta, or extinguish fires. But in between battles, the crew needs time to relax and prepare for the next fight – they’ll relax at their fully customizable headquarters that can be decked out with a barrack, machine shop, garden, music room, and even a cinema – ensuring they remain happy, healthy, and ready for battle! As players progress through the game, they’ll learn more about their crew members and the world they live in uncovering hidden secrets that may forever change their world…
Review codes for Volta-X for Nintendo Switch and Steam are available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for codes.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers Grasshopper Manufacture, SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in El Segundo, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc.
GungHo Online Entertainment America
Senior Communications Coordinator
TriplePoint on behalf of GOEA