Content update also includes Anniversary-themed sync pairs, events, and log-in bonuses
TOKYO—February 28, 2022 — DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has kicked off the 2.5-Year celebration for Pokémon Masters EX. Players can also look forward to one of the game’s biggest giveaways to-date, letting players add up to 100 sync pairs to their teams just by logging in to the game.
Players that log-in to the game from now until March 16 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time will obtain a 10-Pair Scout Ticket, which can be exchanged for 10 sync pair scouts. Players that log-in to the game on ten separate days throughout this period can obtain up to ten total 10-Pair Scout Tickets, good enough to scout 100 sync pairs. 10-Pair Scout Tickets must be used by March 23 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
Celebrate Pokémon Day: In celebration of “Pokémon Day” on February 27, the day the first Pokémon video games Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green were first released in Japan in 1996, all players that log-in until March 27 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time will be able to receive 3,000 Gems from their Present Box.
Anniversary Sync Pairs: Three Anniversary-themed sync pairs, May (Anniversary 2022) & Latias, Skyla (Anniversary 2022) & Tornadus, and Raihan (Anniversary 2022) & Flygon, will be available in their own respective Poké Fair Scouts. All three sync pairs can reach a 6★EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves.
- May (Anniversary2022) & Latias are a Psychic-type sync pair that can turn the battlefield into a Psychic Terrain, which powers up other Psychic attacks like Mist Ball. This duo also has the power to mega-evolve into Mega Latias after using their sync move. May (Anniversary 2022) & Latias are available to add to players’ teams until March 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Skyla (Anniversary 2022) & Tornadus are a Flying-type sync pair with passive skills that can increase the chance of an opponent flinching or getting confused when an attack is successful. Their sync move, Heartsoaring Hurricane, deals additional damage if the battlefield has been turned into a Flying Zone, which can be done with the move Flying Wish. This sync pair will be available to add to players’ teams from March 1 at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time until March 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Raihan (Anniversary 2022) & Flygon are a Dragon-type sync pair that can unleash three different Dynamax moves. This duo can alter weather conditions on the battlefield with Sandstorm, which can be paired with Can’t Be Tamed, a move that powers up allied sync pairs during a sandstorm. This sync pair will be available to add to players’ teams from March 3 at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time until March 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
Add Blue & Arcanine: Players will be able to add the Fire-type sync pair of Blue & Arcanine to their teams by completing the first Story level in Special Sync Pair Event: Blue & Arcanine. This sync pair can utilize Fire moves like Hyper Beam and Swift, an attack that never misses. This event will be available from now until March 16 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
Complete Victory Road for Your Choice of the Kanto Trio: Victory Road is a new story and battle mode within Champion Stadium, where players join Rosa and Lillie to learn how to defeat high-difficulty opponents. Completing Victory Road will provide players with a one-time ticket to have either Sygna Suit Red & Charizard, Sygna Suit Blue & Blastoise, or Sygna Suit Leaf & Venusaur join their teams. Players can also earn up to 5,000 Gems in Victory Road, which is available to players that have completed Champion Stadium on Normal.
Earn Up to 3,300 Gems with the 2.5 Year Celebration Log-In Bonus: Players who log-in to the game for 14 days until March 16 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time can earn up to 3,300 Gems, enough to add up to 12 sync pairs to their teams.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters EX is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and Apple devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters EX at Pokémonmasters-game.com/en-US.
Stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.
All assets can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wa00VAYsBkmL8JK83NFRDXkVvqgPJ4AS?usp=sharing
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.Pokémon.com.
Media Contacts for Information Inquiries
Note: Please refrain from using this information in articles.